Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am debating on ordering an ome lift through nisstec. Any suggestions for where to go for install around the littleton area

·
Registered
762 Posts
The work is surprisingly easy, IF you have the right tools. Nothing worse then having your truck ripped apart then to have to run to the store to get a wrench you dont have. That being said, you will need a WIDE variety of Metric Sockets and Wrenches. Off the top of my head 14mm, 19mm, 21mm, 22mm oh and 17mm, So keep that in mind.

Ohh...and if your lower coil over bolt is as stuck as mine was. A very large cheater bar too!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But like you said I can do pizza beer and pay under the table
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
633 Posts
I'm your Huckleberry!

Since I don't have to have anything made, which can be an issue, then the install is pretty straightforward.

I've got everything you'd need to get it done too. Lift, air tools, knowledge, etc.

But if you get it done during a mod day, you learn a ton as you go. If it's me doing it, it's just me doing it. So if you want it done quickly, without getting cold and learning about your truck as you go, I can get it done. If you want to learn about your truck and meet a bunch of folks that you can depend on for things, do it at a mod day. ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
i think a 14mm, 17mm, and 19mm is all you need. Make sure they are deep sockets too. It's about a 4hr job in the driveway.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Definitely do a mod-day. You'll get your suspension in, learn a lot while it's getting installed and meet some cool people. Cheaper than paying a shop, more fun than doing it yourself!

I put my suspension in by myself, just muddled through it with my laptop next to me open to the "HOW TO" section of this forum. It's not difficult if you've got the tools and some willingness to learn as you go.

That said, mod day = easier, cheaper, more fun!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
BTW, get a can of PB Blaster at your local parts store and for a couple days before you plan to do the mod, pre-soak the bolts daily that you'll be removing. It'll save a lot of hassle.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
BTW, get a can of PB Blaster at your local parts store and for a couple days before you plan to do the mod, pre-soak the bolts daily that you'll be removing. It'll save a lot of hassle.
Couple of weeks for an 05! My two-year-old LCA bolts were completely seized even after seven straight days of PB Blasting every few hours.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I was shocked at how hard it was to remove my lower Coil Over bolts on my 12'. I literally needed a 3 foot cheater bar on my 18 inch breaker bar to get those bad boys off. Other than that it was easy peazy.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
^^^^^+1000000

However I have been using PB for 10+ years and made the switch to Liquid wrench after seeing these scientifically corroded results. And yes, if you have a older X odds are your LCA bolts are seized like ThePlasticOne had expierenced. And at that point you have 2 options, Cut them off and replace the LCA's and Camber bolts or leave them until you Titan Swap;) lol

"Machinists Workshop magazine actually tested penetrates for break out torque on rusted nuts. They arranged a subjective test of all popular penetrates with control being the torque required to remove a nut from a "scientifically rusted" environment.

WD40...................238 LBS
PB Blaster ............214 LBS
Liquid Wrench.......127 LBS
Kano Kroil.............106 LBS
ATF -Acetone 50/50 mix ...53 lbs (Home brew)"

The 50/50 custom mix is some BAD sh*t, DO NOT get it on any paint, clear coat, anything that is nice cause that will KILL and remove a lot of finished surfaces!!

But I do want to add that Cyclemut is a genius (lol but seriously, his credentials run deep), super cool guy that is willing to help anyone he can. He is MORE than reasonably priced for an extremely trustworthy mechanic. He is and will continue to be my "go to" guy for all of my vehicle related problems. He is fluent in VW, Subaru, Nissan (not just off road, 350Z, 370Z, etc.), he builds custom axles, has offers from Nissan Tech Corp when he finishes up at College of Mines... blah blah blah great guy! And anyone who knows him would say the same!!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
WD40...................238 LBS
PB Blaster ............214 LBS
Liquid Wrench.......127 LBS
Kano Kroil.............106 LBS
ATF -Acetone 50/50 mix ...53 lbs (Home brew)"

The 50/50 custom mix is some BAD sh*t, DO NOT get it on any paint, clear coat, anything that is nice cause that will KILL and remove a lot of finished surfaces!!
Wow - that home brew sounds nasty. Personally, I'd much rather have to put a little extra elbow grease into it than have to worry about melting my paint & plastic!

That's good info, tho - I've loved PB, but may be looking at liquid wrench for future projects.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Wow - that home brew sounds nasty. Personally, I'd much rather have to put a little extra elbow grease into it than have to worry about melting my paint & plastic!

That's good info, tho - I've loved PB, but may be looking at liquid wrench for future projects.
I completely agree!! But I never post that without the "disclaimer" as you know some people have no idea what the stuff even is, but mix it together anyways and get it all over EVERYTHING... then they are upset cause I posted the info on it lol.

But the 50/50 is GREAT for items that you can just let sit, by themselves, removed from any nice surfaces.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts