Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Where do you buy OEM Xterra parts like a crank sensor or a U-Joint that ships fast and has accurate in-stock information?

I used the parts.nissanusa.com website with my closest dealer, but I got the definitive impression that the parts guy sat on his chair for two weeks before deciding to ship parts. Typically, a repair shop would get a courrier with the part in a few hours. It does not take 2 weeks to start shipping.

Which dealers or websites ship fast to California, or which ones do you like?

Thanks,

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
806 Posts
RockAuto if you pay for it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I’ve had all good experiences with my purchases from RockAuto.

The only caveat is you need to buy as many parts at once as possible to maximize your shipping cost. They ship from tons of different warehouses and gouge you with charges for that. Faster shipping, like what you want, will be much more $$ too. They have pretty decent prices though. And that almost balances out the shipping $ for most orders.

Google “RockAuto discount code” for the always available 5% discount.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
RockAuto no longer ships to certain parts of Colorado, mine being one of them, of course, so I've had to improvise. The best method for me is to go to Rockauto, find part numbers and then search Amazon for that part number. Being a Prime member you get free shipping. I've been able to find about 75% of the parts I need on Amazon, delivered for free within a few days. Easy Peasy.

·
Registered
806 Posts
“Key word is "OEM" parts.”

You don’t need OEM ujoints as Spicer/Dana are same. Hitachi sensors are same as OEM as well. Timken hubs. Etc.

And....... RockAuto do indeed also sell OEM Nissan parts.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Be very very very careful with Amazon . More and more “genuine” parts are fake.
Just sayin.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been using nissanpartsdeal and I've been satisfied. They use nice diagrams on their product pages so I can be sure I'm getting the right stuff. Shipping is a bit much sometimes, but its hard to find any website that won't charge an arm and a leg for shipping nissan parts.

·
Registered
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6spd
28 Posts
Same here. NissanPartsDeal is good. Diagrams were a little confusing at first but I got it now. Good site

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I used Nissan Parts deal a couple times and do like the drawings but the last time they sent me driveshaft bolts that didn't fit my fronty. It took a while to get answers because there not actually a dealer some how - there a third party and needed to communicate back and forth with the dealer. In the end they said thats what the parts catalog indicated and were of no technical help. They did refund my money so there is that, but didn't have much interest in finding the correct part and took like 10 days to get even that far.

Courtesy was able to find the right bolts no problem and courtesy is a actual dealer. Pricing between the two is pretty close. Courtesy has a 5% deal going on right now (click the covid link at the top of the page).

Amazon is my preferred place - but you need to buy "shipped and sold by amazon" not third party. Even then its a bit of a risk but if you know what its supposed to look like I would say pretty low risk given Amazon's return policy and customer service.

Depending on what your buying - I have had good luck with late model used parts from Ebay - LKQ sells stuff there (there a national auto wrecker). Got a hvac fan there recently. Its already lasted longer than the "premium" aftermarket junk from Rock Auto.

Rock auto has the best prices on aftermarket parts but there customer service doesn't exist for all intents, and as mentioned their freight charges are quite high. However I do still buy there because the price is hard to beat often. They always have a 5% deal going on - just search around here for the code.

·
Registered
387 Posts
PartSouq located in Dubai has good prices and a decent catalogue but availability of specific parts can be an issue.

For Canadians only, PartsAvatar.ca can be interesting for aftermarket parts and sale prices.

Incidentally, I occasionally use the regional Nissan dealership parts desk. Overtime, as I have got to know them, the prices have become more reasonable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts