Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife just gave me the ok to purchase new UCA's. What the best place to get them. I was leaning towards the TC UCA's.

·
on line
234 Posts
$599, about same as what he was selling tc arms for. Difference is heims on threaded bungs that make them adjustable, but greg presets them when they ship so you don't need to worry about that. Probably lots of friendly discussion of heims vs. zirkable urethane bushings on this site so I won't go there, haha. I had these on my fronty (before my titan swap) and my alignment was still within spec with a 3" lift. My eccentrics were all lined up at 12 o'clock. He makes some awesome shit. Now with my titan prg ucas, my eccentrics are still at 12 o'clock.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Xterror said:
Which one do you guys feel is better? Whats the up keep like?
Total Chaos - uses reg bushings (zirk-type, I believe) which are easier and cheaper to replace if they or the UCA as a whole go bad

PRG - uses Heim joints, which if they go bad you have to replace the whole UCA, but have less chance of going bad, IMO, because of the quality and tighter fit than a reg bushing. I have the PRG UCA's and so far so GREAT!

·
on line
376 Posts
sherpa said:
Will this UCA or TC UCA eliminate the UCA contact problem with spacer lifts?
It doesnt eliminate contact from what I've seen, but it greatly reduces it. When it does contact, it meets the built in bumpstop on the new UCA so that you don't hear the clank you hear with stock arms.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
TXterra37 said:
PRG - uses Heim joints, which if they go bad you have to replace the whole UCA, but have less chance of going bad, IMO, because of the quality and tighter fit than a reg bushing.
No need to replace the whole UCA (yikes!). If you look closely you will see that the heim joint stud is threaded. It screws into the control arm tubeing and is secured with a jam nut. If the heim goes bad you can unscrew it and replace it.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
OregonX said:
TXterra37 said:
PRG - uses Heim joints, which if they go bad you have to replace the whole UCA, but have less chance of going bad, IMO, because of the quality and tighter fit than a reg bushing.
No need to replace the whole UCA (yikes!). If you look closely you will see that the heim joint stud is threaded. It screws into the control arm tubeing and is secured with a jam nut. If the heim goes bad you can unscrew it and replace it.
Oh really?! Wow, that's awesome...and my misunderstanding then,

·
on line
234 Posts
If you are getting uca's because of cb contact, why not just get radflos from Greg at PRG. It has internal droop stops to prevent contact and cost a little more that the uca but worth it imo. then ditch the swaybar too.

If you already have good coilovers, then yeah, get the PRG ucas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts