Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally have the new stereo system ordered, and install is scheduled for this weekend...
Seems like there is a few good options for where to install the AMPLIFIER.

Can you share with me where yours is located, and possibly why you chose that spot over another?

Amp is an Alpine MRV-F300, so I think it can fit in lots of spots.

Thanks for your ideas!

·
Registered
638 Posts
i have mine under the front passenger seat. the floor is a little unever there, so i cut a block of partical board, wrapped it in speaker box cloth, and set it in. this made the surface lever to mount the amp to.

Its a pretty centralized spot to run wires to and from. easy wire routing from the Head unit to the amp(just tuck the wires up under the center consle trim along the carpet.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Same here, under pass seat.

·
on line
1,928 Posts
I installed both my amps are under the DS seat, I'll someday install a power inverter under the PS seats! There's lot of room under the seats and it keeps my amps out of the way, great place!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
For those that mount their amps under the rear passenger seats.. do you encounter any heating issues since the seats sit right on top of the amp?

Just curious cuz whenever I mount an amp.. I made sure there's enough room on top for ventilation.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I have mine under the driver side seat, super easy to wire through the side kicker panels or through the center console, I have the rear subwoofer amp in the lower cargo storage, and run quick disconnects to the sub box to remove it quick and easy incase I need to haul stuff or camp in the back!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts