Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have the TGC Spacers in the front, I am thinking towards the future. Is money better spent on new UCA's or upgrading to the 2" Radflos? Do you regain the downward travel that was lost with the Spacers when you install the 2" Radflo?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
If you get the 2" lift RadFlos you would get just about the same height and travel as you do with the spacers, but you would get a better ride, IMO. Really, the question is. do you plan on spending over $1000 on your front suspension any time soon?

Personally I would go with the UCA first. Now, it's not going to do anything for you at this time, but it will allow you to upgrade to the longer RadFlo's in the future which will give you more height.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i would agree go with the UCAs first, that way if you ever decide you want to go bigger you can still use the UCAs and not have to worry about replacing $500 shocks that weren't used that much.

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jason, are you saying that upgrading the UCA's will not return the downward travel I lost when installing the Spacers. I really like the height I am at. I really don't see myself going any higher as I do not want to go any larger on the tires. I just want to ensure that I get good functionality.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
"travel as you do with the spacers, but you would get a better ride, IMO"

Speaking from personal experiences Jason? Come on, i ve been in both trucks, both suspensions, and honestly cant feel a difference. Im actually going to sell my radflows that are in my garage and just get new UCA's. I like my lift so far and dont intend on changing it aside form the UCA's. Want my radflows jason? 500 bucks and they are yours.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Unless you are getting coil bucket contact, you will not gain any additional drop in the front as you have not lost any.

Mark, There is no comparing the RadFlo's to the stock shocks / coils. On-road might not be night and day difference, off-road they will be.

Na, no need for the RadFlo's right now. I have a set of coilover Bil's that I picked up cheap. I would need new UCA's to use the RadFlo's.

·
on line
68 Posts
Radflo

I just phoned PRG today to order a 2"lift spacer kit. Greg said that this is more of a cosmetic upgrade and since I have already spent so much money on the rear, with the alcan springs, that I should go with the Radflo set-up and prg shackles instead. I asked him about upper coil bucket contact; he said I will experience this with the spacers, but not with the radflos even with the stock uca's. I told him that I thought that I had to go with tc uca's for the radflo's to work, he said I could easily keep my stockers and experience no ucb contact with up to 3' of lift. Does this sound right to everybody?

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Yes, that sounds right. The Radflows with raise your stock UCAs enough that you won't have to worry about contact with the bucket in any negative way. You will just put more pressure on your stock UCAs if you wheel hardcore trails.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Ummm...there is no more pressure on the UCA. And there is no way to get 3" of lift out of the front with the stock UCA's without contact (heck, I think even with contact your not going to get 3").

RPG does sell a set of 2" RadFlo's that can be used with the stock UCA's. They are a shorter shock to prevent the UCA contact.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts