Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Thanks for the post man, that IS a good looking bull bar. I have two questions that I sent to that ebay seller but I am hoping I might get a quicker response from you if you dont mind.

1. Does the skid plate go far enough underneath the vehicle to protect the radiator?

2. How thick is the skid plate?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

·
on line
1 Posts
tires

hey duck,
what size are your tires? are they 265 75r16?
they look much larger than the stock size.
im thinking of getting BFG all terrains for my 05 X OR.
thanks.

abi

·
on line
60 Posts
how difficult was the install? I just ordered one today in stainless steel. Should arrive by this weekend. Any special tools/skills needed, or is it an easy bolt on?

·
on line
22 Posts
Question: What about the front license plate bracket? I need to have my front license plate on. Is there an option to mount it on the bull bar?

·
on line
60 Posts
I got mine today. I tried to remove the tow hooks, but they won't budge. I'm gonna have to take it to a shop with impact wrenchs to get the tow hooks off since the bull bar mounts in place of the tow hooks. Hopefully, I'll get it on tomorrow.

Looks very simple to mount. My only complaint is that I ordered Stainless steel, and received black. It looks good though, so I'm gonna keep it.

·
on line
400 Posts
woopig_sooie said:
I got mine today. I tried to remove the tow hooks, but they won't budge. I'm gonna have to take it to a shop with impact wrenchs to get the tow hooks off since the bull bar mounts in place of the tow hooks. Hopefully, I'll get it on tomorrow.

Looks very simple to mount. My only complaint is that I ordered Stainless steel, and received black. It looks good though, so I'm gonna keep it.
same here, i had trouble taking off the tow hook when installing the front grill. just need to apply some force with a socket wrench

·
on line
60 Posts
SoCalXterra said:
Thanks for the post man, that IS a good looking bull bar. I have two questions that I sent to that ebay seller but I am hoping I might get a quicker response from you if you dont mind.

1. Does the skid plate go far enough underneath the vehicle to protect the radiator?

2. How thick is the skid plate?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
I got mine put on today. The skid plate does not protect the radiator in any way. It barely covers the bottom of the bumper and is more for looks than protection. It is about the same thickness as the factory skid plates. I would just get Shrocked if I were you!

·
on line
9 Posts
What about the front plate as the factory location is now covered , would you have to mount it to the lower skid plate or run without the skid plate and leave the plate in the stock location , thanks

·
on line
2,072 Posts
can't find it on ebay anymore - how much di you pay? I was in a local truck shop here in vancouver and they want $450 for a black one with a chrome plate.

·
on line
68 Posts
i'm thinking about byuing this thing. does anyone have pictures of installation?
can you guys provide detailed installation instructions?
how strong it the bullbar after installation? for ex. can you gently push other vehicle with it?

·
on line
564 Posts
2006xterrax said:
i'm thinking about byuing this thing. does anyone have pictures of installation?
can you guys provide detailed installation instructions?
how strong it the bullbar after installation? for ex. can you gently push other vehicle with it?
2006xterrax said:
...i bought this thing for offroading...
Dude, if you're serious about off roading your X you might want to think twice about installing a "bull bar". Although they might look cool they are not very practical for off-roading. They tend to decrease your approach angle and when hit can actually cause more damage than if you didn't have one.

Do a search on bull bars and you should be able to find out more information.

Rob

·
on line
2,876 Posts
the comments about off-roading with a bullbar being a bad idea are not 100% true- but that depends on what you call off-road. if you off-road on the flats or the beach (which is really all i do) then there is no problem. If you rock crawl, yes, you will have issues maybe. THe places I have been, where i think to myself, geez, i could have screwed something up but didn't, are below the threshhold of what the truck can actually handle in it's present state (bullbar on). that means, I, personally, will not go beyond what i have already done, the occasional steep hill with a few rocks and therefore not cause any damage to the truck, my only car and daily driver..... I like that sort of thing - going up steep hills/rocks etc, but i like having money for beach trips more, where i can use my new bullbar for some cool lights so i can see the beach at night better. and i can do the occasional jump off a dune or two......

:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Awesome bull bar is it a westin?? And also what size are your tires? and did u lift your xterra?? and do your tires rub??

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
thats not a westin.... it would say westin on the skid plate... and it's a thin thin skid plate..for show mainly. if you hit anything thicker then your pinky it would probably dent it.

they do look nice, but offer no real protection... but when i'm able to really do some off roading, i'll be looking to a shrocks or similar.. but for now.... i like how it just makes my X different around here..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts