Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on a fiberglass/wood sub box to go in the right rear pocket area, but i am wondering how i am going to bolt this box down? I know i have seen some other people do this, but im not quite sure where to bolt it. any help would be great. thanks.

·
on line
339 Posts
i built my wood/fiberglass box to fit snug against the utilitrack rail in the floor so the movable tiedowns are keeping the box from moving side to side....

i then drilled a closed eye hook screw into the back side of the box and used a large zip tie to tie it down to the metal bar where the rear seat latches on.

my box is now secure and i didn't have to drill any holes into my X....woohoo!

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I took a T bracket and screwed it in to the bottom of my sub box. The bracket goes out into the utili-track area. there I took a bolt and a coulple washers inserted the bolt from the bottom and tightened it up on top with a wing nut.

it looks like this with the bolt running up the bottom.

wing nut
washer
bracket that is hooked to the box
washer
utilitrack rails
washer
lock washer
bolt head

I have yet to figure out how to secure the top down, so I use a bungee cord from the bar on the back of the seat to the little hook next to the power source in the back.

You can kind of see what I am talking about here. It's not the best but I need it to be removable and haven't thought of a better idea yet. However, it doesn't move.

·
on line
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i went on the JL Audio website to look at the directions for the stealthbox installation. it shows to put a piece of wax down and set the box on it to see where the bolt hits, drill the hole and bolt it down through the cargo floor. so i think i'll go that route. thank you everyone that has replied, i appreciate the help.

·
on line
298 Posts
Its involved, but maybe do a fiber glass box that consumes the central storage area. With the lid off, the sub is exposed face up. Lid on, looks stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts