Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Group !
I was just molested by my local " Stealer" when I asked about the price of an in-cabin micro filter !

What dealers is everyone using for " Reasonable " prices on parts ?

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Hey Jim, i just found a coupon from gardena nissan for like 65 or 70 bucks. Im not sure what they are going for but if this sounds like a deal, i can mail the coupon to you. Let me know.

·
on line
294 Posts
i change mine every 15k. BTW, if you're paying the dealer to do it for you for $70, you are getting ripped. they cost about $25-$30 from the dealer and take about as much time to change as the engine air filter.

·
on line
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeppers, Epic has the answer, I've gone Wayyyy Too long, especially in our dust out here! ( No rain )
But, given they are cheap little air filters,,,shouldn't they be a little less costly than 25-30.00 bucks ?
I think the stealerships are gettin' in our pants, again !

·
on line
3,272 Posts
can someone refresh my memory; does every xterra model come with this?

·
on line
1,123 Posts
Not all come with the filter installed but you can put one in even if it didn't come with it (that's what I did).

·
on line
3,272 Posts
thanks kneebuster. i think i saw a how to about that. and sorry about the smash and grab man.

·
on line
652 Posts
bosch and wix both make a filter they are about 20 dollars at autozone or orielly

I would say napa carries them as well

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Definitely DO NOT GO with the DEALER for this, they really do charge way the F*** too much. I just ordered mine from yournissanparts.com and it along with some other things should be here in a few. If you do order from there don't forget to use the coupon code "thenewx".

·
on line
3,592 Posts
I just take mine out every few months.. Hit with Air gun, comes out really nice. All the dust is blown out.. chunks of sticks & leaves...

So far, works great.

just a option for yea folks

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
it's amazing how many sticks and leaves get up into there. I just changed mine for the first time in 22k miles and it was freakin filthy. it took all of about 5 minutes.

·
on line
113 Posts
Other than pulling the glovebox and removing the filter housing is there a way to tell if your X has the filter installed? I have an 07 SE and cant remember if it had one listed on the sticker. From what I read here, all X's have the filter provisions, but not all have the actual filter installed...is that correct?

·
on line
631 Posts
With 3 nissan dealers here in town the cheapest i can get it is $19. i just paid $40 cuz only one dealer had it! make friends with the parts guy... and he will sell it to you at wholesale :) thats what we did.. just invite him on a run or to a BBQ or sumtin

·
on line
735 Posts
I ordered a pair, but after removing mine, I went ahead and shook and blew the dirt off of it. I'll let it keep filtering for the rest of the winter and then replace it. It will keep that musty dirt and sand smell out of the hvac system.

My jeep always smelled like the imperial valley sand dunes everytime I turned on the heater..even years after the first trip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts