Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I have a 2015 Xterra Pro-4x and would like to add a lift kit. I am not that kind of tech savvy so I would like someone to install it for me. Can a dealership do it? Where else can I get a lift kit installed? Should I buy one and have them install it? Once the lift kit is installed, can I run on my current tires, until they need replacing, when I can upgrade to a larger, more rugged tire, or should that be done when I have the kit installed? I’ll probably be doing mostly paved roads/graded road driving for at least the next 6-12 months and then have more time for off-roading. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Most dealers should be able to install it, also depends a lot on what you are planning. Figure out what lift you want and take it to the dealer and ask. You location should have a 4X4 and they definitely could install it. Your tire question is also dependent on the lift you choose, you add a 4" lift your tires likely would need to be changed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most dealers should be able to install it, also depends a lot on what you are planning. Figure out what lift you want and take it to the dealer and ask. You location should have a 4X4 and they definitely could install it. Your tire question is also dependent on the lift you choose, you add a 4" lift your tires likely would need to be changed.
So I should buy the lift kit I want and ask them to install it? Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Simple tip.

Go into your local NAPA store and ask for a suggestion regarding which mechanic/shop will install a lift for you.

These guys know the local mechanics and they deal with them daily.
In addition, NAPA delivers parts to these shops and are aware of their reputation.

I wouldn't use a dealership unless you enjoy paying a premium price.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
In addition, NAPA delivers parts to these shops and are aware of their reputation.
Great idea about talking with the local parts dealer for tips on who does what and the best in town. They'd at least be able to point you in the right direction~

L

1 - 7 of 7 Posts