Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Maxterra rear bumper. I forgot that it comes with a hole for the trailer wiring to mount to. I do not intend to tow, but want to plug the hole. Where can I find the factory cover? I have been looking, but am not familiar with the terms to search for. My goal is to hack off the back of the plug assembly so I can mount a bottle opener behind it. I think it will be a cool little hidden opener, but just need to find the right flip cover.

·
on line
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats the factory hitch wiring, 60$ from nissan.

not the same exact plug but may work for what you want it for, and cheaper
7 pin Plug
I had tried buying a pollak cover already and it was the wrong size. Is that one for sure the same as the factory size and hole layout?

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
no just some generic 7 pin plug. the factory one requires modification to fit in the maxterra bumper, so your not going to find anything that doesnt fit without mod. you may have luck with someone that has destroyed their factory plug on the stock bumper, as it hangs down and is easily hit on rocks and such.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts

·
on line
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help. I will let you know how it turns out.

·
on line
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered a couple with no success. I got mad that I couldnt find the cover I needed as a standalone. So I took the dims I needed and modeled it up in my software at work and sent it to our 3d printer. I re-used the pin, lid and spring. I got it all together last night and it works perfectly. now i just gotta get the bottle opener the way i need it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts