Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this one car with flashing airplane-style reverse lights and it flashed at a much faster rate. I was just thinking about replacing the rear-center brake light with one such flashing light to get better attention of the drivers behind me. Does anybody know where I can find something like this?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I would fist look to see if it's legal.

I know there are a lot of bikers (motorcycles) who put flashing LED brake lights on their bikes so they catch the attention of cars behind them at stop lights. I have also known a few that got ticketed for it. Even if it's safer, it might not be legal.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Umm, no, as far as I know, no car has "Flashing" brake lights. You push the brake pedal, the lights come on, you let off the pedal, the lights turn off.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
There is a module that when brakes are applied, it will flash the lights a set number of times before becoming on constant. Commonly used for the third brake light. When you press on brake pedal, the third brake light will flash 3 times then remain on constant. You can set the number of times and speed the module flashes light. If I remember, the cost was about $30 or so.

·
on line
807 Posts
The el-cheapo method is just adding a flasher to it (like for a turn signal). It will flash whenever the brake pedal is down.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
But you don't want it flashing the whole time brakes are on. The modules flash the light a few times then stay on constant.

·
on line
352 Posts
Check any emergency vehicle supply website. Galls, Whelen, The Fire Store.com etc... You could get small strobe and have it wired to your reverse lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts