Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

When to change DIFF and TCase fluids?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cincinnati_xterra 
#1 ·
Hey all. My X is now at 25,000 miles and im wondering when is the best time to change all the diff and t case fluids. Ive already looked into the dealers 30,000 mile intermediate service and most dealers ive talked to are charging like an extra $100 to flush the diffs and t case. This is on top of whatever they are charging for the service itself. Have any of you changed your fluids sooner or later? Lastly, is it an easy job to do myself? Honestly, id rather have piece of mind and have the dealer do it. Besides, if they mess up, they can fix or replace at thier cost.

#4 ·
How about the transfer case? Im only asking cuase there are a few people whos Tcase's are cooked. Yeah 25k miles on my truck but the thing is, ive had it only a year and a half. It should be way less than that.

#5 ·
xterra3100 said:
How about the transfer case? Im only asking cuase there are a few people whos Tcase's are cooked. Yeah 25k miles on my truck but the thing is, ive had it only a year and a half. It should be way less than that.
I bought mine new in November of 2006. I just rolled 29,000 this morning. Don't feel bad. HEH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.