Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
approximately how many more miles do you have left if you're driving on a paved road with no snow? how bout with snow? need to get a scangauge :(

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well from my experience a lot further with the x alone as opposed to pulling a trailer (I think because the tongue weight of the trailer makes it set slower) But not that far, All X's are going to have their own little distance, even can be driver specific. Me, about 40 miles hwy, 30 city, 10 with a trailer. Yea, a scanguage takes the guesswork out of it IF you calibrate it correctly and really use it like it is designed to be used. Saved me from a lot of worry on the trail once. MC

·
on line
641 Posts
MidnightX said:
approximately how many more miles do you have left if you're driving on a paved road with no snow? how bout with snow? need to get a scangauge :(
Or, just buy a gas can, fill it up, and next time you are getting close to the end of the tank start carrying the gas can. You'll either run it "really close" to being out of gas, and then 'chicken out' and go get it filled up, or you will run out of gas. Either way, you know how far YOU can go on a tank of gas, in your vehicle.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I think my gas gauge broke. Was at 1/2 a tank and need to fill up for a trip. The gas gauge did no move up after it was filled. Urrrr!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
kokopop said:
I think my gas gauge broke. Was at 1/2 a tank and need to fill up for a trip. The gas gauge did no move up after it was filled. Urrrr!
I had this prolem for awhile and then it fixed it's self. It would moved when filled up, but it wouldn't move all the way to full when it was.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
muzikman said:
kokopop said:
I had this prolem for awhile and then it fixed it's self. It would moved when filled up, but it wouldn't move all the way to full when it was.
I only drove for about 5 minutes after filling up and it moved from half to a little under 3/4. We shall see what happens.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: --The X has a 21.+ gal tank--

--I've never let it get near the E !!!

--You have to know where you're going and plan the fillup --PREVIOUS--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I just fill up at around 300 miles. I get about 18mpg right now. I figure 20 gallons at 15mpg is 300 miles, that way I never run out of gas :geek:

·
on line
237 Posts
My light comes on with about 10-15 Litres of gas left...and I usually get 450 k to the first 70 L...so I would expect to get an additional 65 to 100 km after the light...or 40 to 60 miles for yourself. My experience with figuring this out by running out of gas (using a sunfire) meant that I replaced the fuel pump prematurely on that sunfire. I am no longer in the habit of waiting for the light....a quarter tank of gas does wonders for keeping your fuel pump cool (assuming the pump is in the fuel tank as it was in my sunfire).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts