Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any plans on another wheelin' trip before the end of the year? Pole Hill was so boring and uneventful that I would like to get back on the trail again. ;)

·
on line
1,449 Posts
Any plans on another wheelin' trip before the end of the year? Pole Hill was so boring and uneventful that I would like to get back on the trail again. ;)
All things considered, I'll take boring and uneventful. :thumbup: More relaxing and less damage that way. It's not always about who is crawling over the biggest rocks. Sometimes, just being out in the mountains and enjoying the scenery makes for a great day. :iconbiggrin:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
LMAO!!!! Yeh that's one way to put it.. The good thing is that there was only minor damage to Mike's Heep and the fact that we all worked together so well made it an epic day of wheelin..

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am open next weekend if anything is open.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
482 Posts
Looks like the weather is not going to help us out this week for being able to get out wheeling this weekend. Although I'd love to get out, not gonna push the limit in the kind of conditions we're going to have at elevation.

Also; everyone please vote in the November TOTM poll. Coloxt and myself have entries in there.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Always down for another snow run. As long as someone brings a winch. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Could be an exciting time if there's the ~18" of fresh predicted ... do be mindful of temps, though ... looks like it's forcasted to be in the teens (~15*) both Sat & Sun, with below zero overnight (in the Switzerland Trail area, according to the NWS predictions) ... and that's F not C. I know it goes without saying, but don't be caught unprepared guys; and have fun, if you all go!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Could be an exciting time if there's the ~18" of fresh predicted ... do be mindful of temps, though ... looks like it's forcasted to be in the teens (~15*) both Sat & Sun, with below zero overnight (in the Switzerland Trail area, according to the NWS predictions) ... and that's F not C. I know it goes without saying, but don't be caught unprepared guys; and have fun, if you all go!
If we get that much snow(which I hope we do) I doubt like hell we'd be able to go wheelin this weekend but we'll see. Looks like the only option is gonna be upper Switzerland and FS 235 at this point.

·
Registered
482 Posts
This is unrelated to the possibility of a run this weekend. But I thought everyone might like to see this information from the Mile High Jeep Club (link below). This guy got stuck in a stock Jeep Wrangler Sahara up on the shelf road on Webster Pass just before you get to that landing area for Red Cone. Looks like his rig will be there until well into next year, if it doesn't slide off the mountain at some point.

http://patrol-14.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
848 Posts
It's been up there a while. We were able to see it with binoculars when we drove twin cone a few weeks back.

Also, I may be able to go next weekend, but my only free day is Sunday. Don't let that hold everyone up if you all want to do a Saturday run.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like this storm might ice us out. If the snow isn't too deep the cold will turn it into an ice skating rink. If the run doesn't happen I am down for a ad hoc meet n greet. Just another reason to drink some beer. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 17 of 17 Posts