Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's do some wheeling! I am a bachelor for the weekends of Aug. 10/11 and 17/18, so I want to take advantage. If Saturdays don't work for enough people, we can go out on Sunday. Let me know.

Meet up at 9:00 AM at the parking lot closest to Montezuma Rd. just off Rt. 6 in Keystone.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should be able to join. I assume a stock X can do these trails.
Yes, a stock X like yours will be OK. There are some fun shelf roads near the top that make it interesting, but the trail surface will be fine for you.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Might have to try to make it for this one. Just need to decide if I want to go out this trip or the trip the next weekend, might be tough to make both.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I don't want to thread jack, but since everyone is here...is anyone interested in a return trip to Mt. Antero on Saturday 08/03 with the specific intent to "summit" the 14'r? Xorro and I have chatted about it, but I don't want to post a new thread if we don't have interest. August is getting busy! :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
I chatted with Buddy about this on the last trip. A return trip to Antero might be best at the end of the summer when the colors are changing. After Antero head over Hancock and Tomichi to Monarch Pass. This was one of the best fall colors ride have had in many years.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I chatted with Buddy about this on the last trip. A return trip to Antero might be best at the end of the summer when the colors are changing. After Antero head over Hancock and Tomichi to Monarch Pass. This was one of the best fall colors ride have had in many years.
Sounds like a plan. Postpone. Thanks Eric!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't want to thread jack, but since everyone is here...is anyone interested in a return trip to Mt. Antero on Saturday 08/03 with the specific intent to "summit" the 14'r? :)
I'm not available for wheeling on the 3rd, but go for it!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So the run is off for now?

We're definitely still on, for Saturday the 10th on these trails. There's a different thread for the 17th (Red Cone).

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
So far, it looks like this for interest in this run:

"Maybe"
Golf286
MadMike
MB-XTERRA06

Yes
MackCastle
JollyRaja + friend w/Explorer
Xebra67
Xorro
Mike (work friend of mine)

Hopefully we can get a nice size group out there.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts