Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the snow coming in tomorrow I thought it would be a nice day to hit the trails around Wharton state forest. Just throwing out an invite to see if anyone in the area would care to join me, I was thinking about heading in about 1300. If anyone is interested we can nail down a meeting spot then.

-Ben

Attendees:
Bcrprop
Primer
MikeRo
Santims

The run is open to everyone.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
How that's work in that area? I always see bikes and quads going in and out of the pine barrens along 72, I know there's a bunch of sand roads all throughout that area... Do the cops mess with you?

We had a job site in Winslow township next to a big area of them and saw some weird stuff back there. A guy in a truck was hanging bras in the woods, random dead animals, and a weed stash someone was growing covered in chicken wire, lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wednesday would be perfect for me. What time would you be interested in going?

The deal with the barrens is that they are open to all register road vehicles, I been driving there for a while now and only every saw one ranger and he was more interested in game permits at the time. The piney's (people who live in the woods) on the other hand can be a bit of a wild bunch lol. They can be unfriendly at times but for the most part it a great place to get all types of muddy.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
How that's work in that area? I always see bikes and quads going in and out of the pine barrens along 72, I know there's a bunch of sand roads all throughout that area... Do the cops mess with you?

We had a job site in Winslow township next to a big area of them and saw some weird stuff back there. A guy in a truck was hanging bras in the woods, random dead animals, and a weed stash someone was growing covered in chicken wire, lol
That's just creepy, guy hanging bras in the woods. lol. There was an article in one of the 4x4 magazines a few months back about Wharton State Forest. Wouldn't mind doing it sometime with a group of Xterra's.

·
on line
1,113 Posts
I was thinking late morning like 10 or 11 depending on how the roads are after the storm passes.

Yeah ive seen my share of weird stuff out there, I remember reading about a trip that Rook took that said he went wheeling somewhere and found a cabin in the middle of nowhere and they came back the following night and there were animal bones scattered on the trail by the cabin that weren't there before and couple staked in the ground with fishing line. Yeah it gets creepy thats another reason to not wheel alone especially around here.

Im always down for some wheeling, I think we can get a group together for a saturday or sunday trip.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Registered vehicles, stay on established "roads", avoid the "wharton mile" it is protected wetland. The rangers are usually pretty cool with people who respect the land. I would do a Saturday run, but work Sun-Thurs, could do a nite run.......

·
on line
6,064 Posts
I'll be in Philly for the weekend for some job training, oh well.
If anyone ventures out tonight, don't go alone. If ya do and get stuck, send someone a message

·
Registered
121 Posts
oooo temping, i was thinking of heading down there today but plans fell through, I'm about an hour out so if i have nothing to do on Saturday it'd be nice to meet some fellow X guys in the area

·
Registered
121 Posts
went out tonight to some more local spots, on the plus side i took the
Xterra further than i've ever gone before, the bad i think my friend hydrolocked his blazer......but not to thread jack

Most likely I'll be there on Saturday. How many people are we looking at going cause i know a few jeep guys who might be interested, but huge groups may cause some unwanted attention.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts