Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
We are doing a run on Sunday to Moody Hill and The Quarry w/ The Boulder Nissan Boys!! If anyone would like to join us let me know.. Meet at 7:30 at Johnson's Corner.
Bill, You're killin' me. I'm in, provided we survive Redcone/Radical Hill on Saturday. Is the 7:30 at Johnson's Corner to meet for breakfast with the group or is it departure time?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill, You're killin' me. I'm in, provided we survive Redcone/Radical Hill on Saturday. Is the 7:30 at Johnson's Corner to meet for breakfast with the group or is it departure time?
Hey Buddy,
We better survive Red Cone/Radical Hill cuz I'm following you down Red Cone!! Or should I follow Mark LOL!!! Let me check with everybody abt departure time and breakfast and ill let you know tomorrow..

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
You guys planning anything else besides just Moody Hill and the Quarry? Could probably hit up Kelly Flats, Seven Mile or Crystal Mountain while you're here too seeing as Moody (even if you spend an hour or two in the Quarry) will be a fairly short run.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
^^ I'm not. After Redcone/Radical Hill & points beyond on Saturday, I'll be OK with geting home early on Sunday. Crystal Mountain is mostly just hard & in the trees with limited views & a dud mine at the end with almost nowhere to turn around. The others would be cool except for the aforementioned-previous-days-run-wearing-me-out factor...

Whew, sorry for the run-on statement above... :pirate:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Lol, happens. Definitely agree with you on Crystal Mountain, ran it once and don't plan on going back, just too tight and not really a whole lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^ I'm not. After Redcone/Radical Hill & points beyond on Saturday, I'll be OK with geting home early on Sunday. Crystal Mountain is mostly just hard & in the trees with limited views & a dud mine at the end with almost nowhere to turn around. The others would be cool except for the aforementioned-previous-days-run-wearing-me-out factor...

Whew, sorry for the run-on statement above... :pirate:
We're not doing Crystal Mountain, we could also do Kelly Flats via Heart Attack Hill and the Chutes depending on what everyone is up for..

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I won't rule out Kelly Flats. That for me will be a game day decision based on time. The Chutes? Not a chance! Have you seen it in person? If the Boulder Nissan guys want to rip the snot out of their rig, then I'll be there with camera in hand to document it!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Yeah, I know too many guys with crawlers, truggies and buggies who tear the hell outta their rigs in the chutes, think there's a bypass with my name on it right next door :D

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I won't rule out Kelly Flats. That for me will be a game day decision based on time. The Chutes? Not a chance! Have you seen it in person? If the Boulder Nissan guys want to rip the snot out of their rig, then I'll be there with camera in hand to document it!
Yes I have seen the "Chutes" and I agree with you and Mike there's no way in hell I'm doing it!!!! I doubt anyone from Boulder Nissan will do it either unless they bring the Fronty and even them that's doubtful..
I agree with Mike we take the bypass and wave at the Chutes when we drive by..

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Sorry you couldn't make it today Bill. I survived. What's the scoop on the 7:30 meetup time?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry you couldn't make it today Bill. I survived. What's the scoop on the 7:30 meetup time?
Hey Buddy,
Thanks I really wanted to do the run today but its a good thing I didn't. The plan is to meet at JC between 7:45 and 8am now and I want to be on the road no later than 8:10.. Theres a couple of Fronty guys joining us and they were told to be there later than we discussed.. I've gotta go to Cabela's first thing in the AM (as in 4am to setup) then I'll head home pickup Kelly and go to JC.. I'll call you in the AM if I can meet you somewhere for Breakfast.. :icon_smile:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I'm going to be at Johnson's Corner about 7am and have breakfast there. Just come in & look for me if you get there early enough. :)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I think I'll meet you guys up at the trail head this morning. Thought I'd have plans with my visiting family this morning, turns out we aren't meeting up until about 1ish, so can definitely make a short run. I will pland on being to the trail head about 8:30ish to meet up with you guys.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Black X Spotted in Fry's Ray and Dobson
had
Nice rig lifted with ARB bumper. I WAS GETTING JUMP FROM A STOCK Forerunner!
^^ ?? There was a black X on the run today, but I'm thinking your post was perhaps intended for another thread? :confused:

On another note, today's run was fun. We had some challenges, we made a wrong turn, we had a "flash-BOOM" lighting strike nearby :eek: , & some trail damage happened. I took no pictures, so others will have to provide the proof & details...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts