Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally found an off-road club to join out here (since I got tired of wheeling by myself and thus limiting where I could go and what I could do).

Last weekend was my first event- a Turkey Poker Run in SW Idaho at the Owyhee Mtns. After 8h of wheeling, we found 5 of the 6 markers. It was great! I'm the only X in the group and they all commented how impressed they were by it (almost 90% were Jeeps there).

Jacka$$es in pickup tried to climb the hill in 2WD and got stuck sliding sideways. Jeep had to winch them up.

And then on Black Friday had another event, only 2 of us showed up- Black Ops ed JK Rubi. Bone stock. Guy was new to wheeling. So we had some fun, both made use of the snatch strap (good learning experience for him).

This is where he pulled me out- sandy shelf road that was giving way as I attempted to get off it.

Doesn't even look that bad after taking pics of it, haha! Not gonna try that again! Lots of water crossings (Robie Creek NW of Boise in Boise mtns)

Hit a rock at this crossing. Oops. The white truck stopped to watch us cross the creek, haha! I bet he didn't think we'd make it (poser asphalt wheeler).

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Great Photos Like the river crossing shot. Lots of open country out that way, to explore

You stood out of the crowd! with a real vehicle. Nice job.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, there's all kinds of places to explore- both wheeling and on foot. Idaho is great for that.
Thanks! At least the water crossings cleaned off the mud on the underside and skids, haha!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^With me, it's ALWAYS fun!
Goal in life- make it as adventuresome as possible. The X helps me accomplish this mission handily. :-D

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
cool deal!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
(Restrains from a putting the "ho" in IdaHO comment...) :rolleyes:
Bwahahaha! Gotta be a ho first tho, right? Lemme tell ya, boys out here are not too keen on girls that like to shoot guns, know trucks AND go wheeling. Apparently I have more man cards than most men. Go figure. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Robie Creek Park (near Lucky Peak) start @boat ramp. Here is Google map.

In winter they drain Lucky Peak Reservoir, which then drains Robie Creek. There is an old road under the water when it is full, so now, when drained, you can access the road. Have to cross the Creek at least 4x since road has been washed out in spots. Trail ends where there used to be a bridge, but is no longer. Hwy 21 (the road to Idaho City and Stanley/Lowman) is the main road (about 100-300' above) to get there.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Robie Creek Park (near Lucky Peak) start @boat ramp. Here is Google map.

In winter they drain Lucky Peak Reservoir, which then drains Robie Creek. There is an old road under the water when it is full, so now, when drained, you can access the road. Have to cross the Creek at least 4x since road has been washed out in spots. Trail ends where there used to be a bridge, but is no longer. Hwy 21 (the road to Idaho City and Stanley/Lowman) is the main road (about 100-300' above) to get there.
best place to go tubing/sledding is lucky peak after they drain it.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks!

Yeah, after work I'll post the full-size pic (don't have access to FB at work).

Agreed, it is nice to wheel with diff types of rigs. I've only seen a 1st gen modded up around here, but never wheeled with him. Thus I am left with Jeeps (Cherokees and Wranglers), which I am fine with.

And Mustard- I like to tube on the Boise River (when it's not too crowded), but swimming in Robie is fun as well.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts