Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheeler Pass is about 50 miles North of Las Vegas, NV in the Spring Mountains. The pass was once used as a logging road over the Spring Mountains to Pahrump, Nevada. The road is now used for 4x4 recreation, horse back riding, and camping. The drive to the area takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes from Las Vegas. To get there, drive North on US 95 for 36 miles (48 minutes) to the Indian Springs Prison. Turn left at the sign for Cold Creek then drive West about 13 miles (23 minutes) until you reach a designated parking area near a couple small springs. The road to Wheeler Pass runs past the parking area and follows several dry washes before heading to the pass.

Since the rains of 2005, I have been told that sliders and skids are recommended along with 4LO. I know it can be done with a stock 4 wheel drive tho. Its like Gemini Bridges or parts of Steel Bender in Moab.... not really hard, but careful tire placement.

I never did the entire trail, but last time I was there was before the 2005 rainstorm so I dont know what it is like now. Doing the run on a sunday, so its easier for everyone. It will take possibly the whole day so bring food and water... lots of water and more water

·
on line
246 Posts
ill be there.................and from pics ive seen over at ttora it should be doable in stock form.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far we have me. toyniss. redwenur. 06 fronty. 01 xterra. titan.

anyone else????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts