Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of some manufacturers that have lightweight wheels?? I wanted to shave some pounds off and I looked at the Nismo wheels, but no size for the X plus WAAAAAAY too expensive. I'm not looking for a racing wheel, just want to cut some weight for gas mileage, putting 285's on, etc...Thing is, I don't want them too light because I think that would make them a little less durable when wheeling. Oh, and I'm not down with the steelies. Thanks for any help

·
on line
2,077 Posts
if you don't like steelies i think you may be very short on options....alloys will likely weigh just as much as the current S or OR (or SE) model wheels. steelies are the way to go for a lighweight option.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
I'm running 16x8" Pro Comp forged alloys, the "Strykers," and they're very light and strong. But they'll need spacers and some machining to clear the calipers in front. You can see them in the "Hannemann Fender Pics" thread in the "Exterior" section.

The Pro Comp 7089s are cheap, and the 16x8" supposedly fit out of the box. They're not quite as light as the forged, but they're plenty light.

Unless you smash into a rock aired down to 5 psi or something, I doubt you'll break these wheels.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks d rap, those pro comp 7089s look sweet (always looked for a darker wheel), I'll look into those!!! thanks for the help

·
on line
1,792 Posts
No doubt.

Your best bet would be to find an easy way to try the 7089s, just to make sure, before you end up with shipping costs and/or re-stocking fees if they for some reason don't work. The data on what wheels actually fit, when all is said and done, is pretty sketchy. I'm planning on trying the 7089s myself over the next month or two, but right now I'm taking a few peoples' word for it, including Pro Comp themselves, that they'll fit. No guarantees here.

Good luck with them. They're cheap, $112 I think, and they look dope.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea I'm going to see if I can order them from one of my friends. He is already getting me a set of 285/75/16 Firestone Destination MT's for $500 (mounted, balanced, he owns the tire shop) I'm gonna see if he can get these too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts