Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for reasonably priced steel wheels. I had my heart set on the Cragar Soft 8's but after hearing that all of them require spacers I have become much more hesitant due to the width issues of having to add spacers and I refuse to install fender flares. I live in British Columbia and our laws here are pretty strict on the wheels/tires not protruding past the fenders.
Does any one have experience with the brand U.S. Wheel? I've found a model on Summit Racing that looks alright.
I'm curious as the backspacing of our OEM wheels is 5.5 and the ones on Summit are 5, would the wheels be, if not anything else, one inch wider (half inch each side) to the wheel width it is now?
I have a 2007 SE with 17" wheels and will be transferring the rubber over (265/65/R17)

I've added a link to the wheels here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/usw-044-8864p/overview/

Also, if anyone has pictures of these wheels installed could you please send me a link to your pics?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Your current wheels have a bolt pattern of 6 x 114.3 mm where the ones you are looking at have a bolt pattern of 6 x 4 1/2 in. so they will not fit.

That is the problem we have when looking for wheels. Nissan used a strange size where the 6 x 4 1/2 in is standard on almost every other 6 bolt truck wheel.

Doing a search by 2007 Xterra on Summits site finds 3 wheels that will fit our bolt pattern. One of them does fit both bolt patterns, but it has 12 bolt holes and a cap to cover the studs so it looks like it only had 6.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
Your current wheels have a bolt pattern of 6 x 114.3 mm where the ones you are looking at have a bolt pattern of 6 x 4 1/2 in. so they will not fit.

That is the problem we have when looking for wheels. Nissan used a strange size where the 6 x 4 1/2 in is standard on almost every other 6 bolt truck wheel.

Doing a search by 2007 Xterra on Summits site finds 3 wheels that will fit our bolt pattern. One of them does fit both bolt patterns, but it has 12 bolt holes and a cap to cover the studs so it looks like it only had 6.
uhhhh, the factory bolt pattern IS 6x4.5"

114.3mm is 4.5"

The problem with most steel wheels is the bell shape to them where the mount to the truck. it hits the brake calipers in the front. The only good way to check it is to actually install the wheel on the truck. now, with them being 17" wheels, they MAY work. but don't hold me to that...

·
Registered
134 Posts
These will not fit. I bought them and waited a week for them to arrive from a store in washington to the closest discount tire near me only to find out the caliper is too damn big.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
OK, I am a dork then. I guess I don't know how to convert.

So maybe they will fit. I guess we won't know unless someone buys them.
lol. it's stupid that they use both metric and imperial measurements...

These will not fit. I bought them and waited a week for them to arrive from a store in washington to the closest discount tire near me only to find out the caliper is too damn big.
BOOOOOOO! stupid nissan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts