Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm still going back and forth between what suspension lift I want to go with and was wondering if someone could tell me what the difference is between these two PRG lifts.

1. Prg Xterra 2inch Lift Spacers and Rear 2inch Lift AAL

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/prg-2xe31mk-x/

2. Xterra SAAL mini kit

http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/xterra-saal-mini-kit/

I know that one is a double AAL and one is a single AAL, but they both say 2" of lift so I'm wondering why go with one over the other. The double obviously looks stronger. Does it settle less? Is is more resistant to flattening? I didn't see a double AAL like that one Nisstec's site. I have a 2011 Pro-4x with 18k... I was originally thinking of going with completely new leaf packs (OME or Alcans) but now I'm thinking about one of these AAL kits to save some cash and get the new packs when my factory ones wear out.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Im assuming the dual has thinner leaves while the single has one thick leaf. With two thinner leaves you can reach larger flex numbers because the elasticity will be much higher. So the single will get you the lift but the dual will get you lift and flex.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In comparing the photos of both products, the single looks longer... And it says the single is designed to replace the overload spring whereas with the double it does not specify. I'm confused.

I'm not expecting anyone from PRG to chime here, although that would be a pleasant surprise. Germandude the flex thing you brought up makes sense. Maybe one of the Nisstec or Prerunner guys can tell us for sure what's going on. Just wondering if its worth paying $70.00 more for the dual.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
In comparing the photos of both products, the single looks longer... And it says the single is designed to replace the overload spring whereas with the double it does not specify. I'm confused.

I'm not expecting anyone from PRG to chime here, although that would be a pleasant surprise. Germandude the flex thing you brought up makes sense. Maybe one of the Nisstec or Prerunner guys can tell us for sure what's going on. Just wondering if its worth paying $70.00 more for the dual.
Longer is not always better. It's the motion in.....

But no really. The dual aal will provide more flex with less stress on the leaves. If the single is abused like a dual then it would most likely fail first. The dual is also meant to replace the overload leaf. Or both can be used in both cases but longer u bolts will be needed.

Only you can answer if the 70+ of the dual is worth it. If you're going for looks. Why bother. If you're looking for performance it's a no brainer. Are you looking for this to be the last mod to your lead pack or a temporary fix until you can get a full replacement pack.

More leafs are better. My alcans came with ten leafs. Stock is how many? 4?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only you can answer if the 70+ of the dual is worth it. If you're going for looks. Why bother. If you're looking for performance it's a no brainer. Are you looking for this to be the last mod to your lead pack or a temporary fix until you can get a full replacement pack.

More leafs are better. My alcans came with ten leafs. Stock is how many? 4?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'm looking for both looks and performance. My plan is to go with one of these kits for now so I can get some lift and save for a kit with Radflo's and Alcans. I think I'll go with the dual.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
It is true the dual will flex slightly more, so if ya want to add performance that is the route to go.

Once you add the spacer lift I would suggest some armor next. Sliders,skidplates before moving on to the next level of lift kit. Adding the Radflos will be another big improvement to the suspension, but it won't matter if you smash a bunch of stuff underneath.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Have you tried calling PRG yet? Every time I call Greg he's very helpful. He'll ask you what your goals and budget are and help you from there.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
The single AAL is junk. Greg screwed me over when I ordered the double leaf and sent me the single instead claiming it was better and stronger and provided 2" of lift and was cheaper. As usual he was full of sh!t. It has given me 1.5" of lift, probably a little less. And it doesn't carry extra weight at all. Any weight in the rear and it feels like I have just the stock leaf pack.
Pay the extra money and get the double leaf.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The single AAL is junk. Greg screwed me over when I ordered the double leaf and sent me the single instead claiming it was better and stronger and provided 2" of lift and was cheaper. As usual he was full of sh!t. It has given me 1.5" of lift, probably a little less. And it doesn't carry extra weight at all. Any weight in the rear and it feels like I have just the stock leaf pack.
Pay the extra money and get the double leaf.
This is why I wish Nisstec carried the double...It seems like for every good review about PRG there are 10 bad ones and I'm hesitant to do business with them. Maybe I'll call Nisstec and see if they can get that one.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
There are some things you just cant get anywhere else. Greg makes it easy to get a super sweet setup. Just have to get in touch with him... Vert helpful when you do though. In my opinion. Just wanted to have both sides in this thread.
The only thing he has nobody else does is the short shifter and UCAs. And you can get Total Chaos UCAs from other distributors and they're just as good.

He's definitely a knowledgable guy but his business practices are horrible.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Dealing with PRG isn't all about the products. The knowledge and understanding how to implement those products is where Greg is way ahead in my opinion. Talking to him will allow you to purchase what you need to get the suspension you want, which can be worth a thousand threads on here.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Dealing with PRG isn't all about the products. The knowledge and understanding how to implement those products is where Greg is way ahead in my opinion. Talking to him will allow you to purchase what you need to get the suspension you want, which can be worth a thousand threads on here.
Talk to Greg about what you need. Then order it from other companies :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts