Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2wd X and this past weekend I replaced the front struts with Bilstein 4600s (beware for Monroe Sensatracs, after 1 yr the gas leaked out). In preparing to order the rear shocks, I noticed Bilstein has 2wd/4wd options, what's the difference between them? The 2wd are the harder of the 2 to get. I noticed theirs no difference in front struts between 2wd/4wd.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I have a 2wd X and this past weekend I replaced the front struts with Bilstein 4600s (beware for Monroe Sensatracs, after 1 yr the gas leaked out). In preparing to order the rear shocks, I noticed Bilstein has 2wd/4wd options, what's the difference between them? The 2wd are the harder of the 2 to get. I noticed theirs no difference in front struts between 2wd/4wd.
Likely there is no difference in length or fitment. Perhaps there is a difference in valving?

Bilstein does list two different part numbers for the rear in the 4600 series.

24-187008 is RWD
24-187121 is 4WD

I would put in what your vehicle calls for. Have you checked eShocks.com? That's where I got my 4600s for a good price. Their site looks terrible, but they are legit.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not look at eshock.com. I looked at shockwarehouse.com and they have them for $74 a piece with free shipping. I got my front B6s from Summit Racing as they have one here in metro Atlanta.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts