Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....a wheel with a 4.5 backspacing, or one with a 5.5 backspacing, with all other measurements being constant. I know the problem with most aftermarket wheels is actually brake caliper clearance (caliper face to wheel face).

I have new wheels on order - Pro Comp 7089s, but they have been backordered for two months now, and I am hearing perhaps another 60 days.

I am looking at a set of American Racing wheels - Teflon 8s, and they have a 5.5 backspacing....if they'll work, I can cancel my Pro Comp order.

·
on line
1,231 Posts
If I understand correctly, the 5.5 backspacing might rub. Backspace is the distance from the inside edge of the rim, to the face of the wheel that contacts the hub. Too much backspacing can locate the wheel too far into the wheel well and cause contact.

Someone please correct me if I'm talking out my butt.....

·
on line
1,231 Posts
I was thinking of that when I saw a post on XF about someone using a 4" backspace on a wheel and it sticking out. Then I thought "does he mean rubbing on the fenderwells or the wheel openings?" I was going to post a thread asking what our stock backspacing is, but considering I'm trying to NOT spend money, I won't be getting wheels/tires anytime soon so I won't need that info anytime soon. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts