Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nissannews.com/
click on The 2008 Nissan Lineup - Charting the Changes [June 28, 07] link in the upper right for other model info.

2008 Nissan Xterra

The 2008 Nissan Xterra, built on Nissan’s rugged F-Alpha platform, features a number of thoughtful storage and utility solutions, making it the ultimate off-road adventure vehicle. Continuing the traditional of the original Xterra, the 2008 model again offers drivers “everything you need, and nothing you don’t.� Xterra is powered by a standard 261-horsepower 4.0-liter DOHC V6 and features 10 cargo hooks, an Easy Clean cargo area, a tie-down channel system similar to the Utili-track system on the Titan and Frontier and a built-in first-aid kit.

Enhancements to the 2008 Xterra include:
- Contents of the Power Package now standard (power windows, power locks, power mirrors, remote keyless entry and cruise control)
- Step rails, first aid kit, and cargo net now included on S trim
- Bright machined finish on 16-inch Off-Road grade wheel (so now the scratches will really hurt lol)
- Standard auto-dimming rearview mirror with outside temperature gauge and compass
- Available Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System
- New Technology Package (wonder what all is included here???)
- New exterior color – Red Alert
- New interior color – Sandstone
--------------------------------

Pathy got the 5.6L V8 for 08. X and Fronty didn't.

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Maybe a navigation sytem.

·
on line
631 Posts
ooo shiny wheels.... mmmm

i dont want any haha

·
on line
1,479 Posts
sweet... i want the rear view mirror...

·
on line
971 Posts
X_Ego said:
"Technology Package" is probably a backup sensor and the keyless smartkey thing they've been doing lately.
I hope you're right. Otherwise, I'm with avizpls on this one. If it is a navigation unit, hopefully it will just be pure plug-and-play into previous years.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Well it looks like if I had waited I could have gotten myself into an Xterra X for the same price I paid for my Frontier SE.

I bet the Bluetooth thing will have to be bundled with the Technology Package which will probably be navigation and smart key. Thats about $1800 dealer add on, can buy a Pioneer AVIC-Z2 on eBay for less than half of that. Thanks, I'll pass... :)

Atleast you guys aren't screaming for a V8 like all the Frontier guys on Clubfrontier.org are. Geeez. They keep saying Nissan needs to do a V8 to keep up with the competetion...don't think the realize the competetion needs a V8 to be competetive. GO VQ! :D

·
on line
564 Posts
Peck said:
...don't think the realize the competetion needs a V8 to be competetive. GO VQ! :D
That's exactly what I was thinking!

Rob

·
on line
4,495 Posts
twistedmike said:
i thought that '07 was the final year for the xterra?
Why? Who told you that?

The Xterra fits into a niche that works well. Its bigger than a Wrangler and less espensive that a 4Runner or FJ. It also fits into the active lifestyle of a lot of people and provides an "entry" level SUV for consumers. I think its going to be a long while before Nissan kills the X.

·
on line
37 Posts
Yeah, long live the X :cheers:

It's one of the most powerful, versatile, dependable, go anywhere, do anything, utilitarian, just generally great all around SUV's on the market. Nissan got it right this time. I hope they don't do anything stupid like put a V8 or a third seat in it. Everything you need, nothing you don't !!!

·
on line
564 Posts
weaponzero said:
...It's one of the most powerful, versatile, dependable, go anywhere, do anything, utilitarian, just generally great all around SUV's on the market. Nissan got it right this time. I hope they don't do anything stupid like put a V8 or a third seat in it. Everything you need, nothing you don't !!!

I'm with you w0...although a 4:1 TC sure would be nice!

Rob

·
on line
34 Posts
Wish they'd give us gunmetal wheels instead of mirror finish :pale:
Nissan has done that many times in the past. Oh well.

Red Alert should be intresting, I believe thats the same bright red thats avail on the Nismo Front.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Gunmental Nismo/Off Road wheels would be nice and would look really sharp on the red trucks.

Been looking for a set of those wheels on the cheap side, then just a couple cans of rattle can paint.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
They need to get a deal going with Jim at Shrockworks, and get a Shrocked out X, or have Shrockworks an option just as some NISMO parts are. That would be freakin awesome!!!
:drunken:

·
on line
735 Posts
I'd be all over a new X with an 8.5 or 9" cast iron front diff with thicker axles. and while they are at it, switch back to the regular nissan 6-lug hubs so we can swap Aussie made straight axles from a patrol or something.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts