Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much research, I have decided that I (we) want a 2007 Off Road trim, 6 speed manual. Drove a yellow X months ago and fell in LOVE!

I am replacing my black 1990 Pathfinder (with almost 400,000 ks) so I gravitate to the darker colors of Majestic Blue or Knight Armour. Black would be replacing my baby, so no.

The dilemma is that we can wait 3 months for a blue or armour at the great price we have through a corporate lease rate, or take the same trim and tranny now in a "Silver Mist". Time is an issue as the Pathfinder has decided to die now and cannot pull our trailer in the peak Canadian camping season.

A "grey" vehicle is not my color of choice. You may say go to a dealer and look at colors, but we are in rural BC Canada, and the nearest dealer, 4 hours away, does not have the vehicle, we have to drive 8 hours to see it.

Yes, it is just color, the trim and tranny are most important!!!!!

And, I understand the Mist Silver will show less marks from bushwacking. I know well why the Pathfinder had collapsible mirrors.

Maybe I should compensate with all the "Do-Dads"?, grille guard, sliders, rear light guards, grille lights, rack upgrades?

Members wanting to post brag shots of Silver X's welcome.

Thanx X'ers :tshirt:

·
on line
564 Posts
Sorry...I'm partial to the Night Armor...

But an X in any color is a great decision!

Welcome to the club.

Rob

·
on line
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rob, please let me use that beauty to pull my trailer this summer and I will adopt its twin.

Oh, and can a short chick like me use those sliders to get into an X "nicely" in a skirt suit? (serious question - having read here the bars are [email protected] in the woods)

·
TNX Administrator
20,375 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
612 Posts
Welcome, as for color, I took the cheap way out and got the last 05 on the lot for 8,000 off sticker. It just so happened to be the only color I wasn't that partial to, Solar Yellow. But after a few weeks I didn't notice it, and it actually grew on me.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
i think color is important but with that said, I got my third choice in color and it actually is my favorite now...so who knows.

I think the sliders would work for you to step up into the X, they are a bit higher than the step rails but should work.

Welcome.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Welcome aboard. Only you can decide if color is important. I got my second choice and I'm fine with it but I do hope to do a color change (to Atomic Orange) in a couple years.

Sliders work just as well as the step rails for getting into the X and of course actually provide protection.

·
on line
641 Posts
I would wait until I get what I want. You may miss this year's camping season, but you'll keep your X for many years to come, and then you'll regret you didn't get the "colour" you wanted.

·
on line
641 Posts
Backwoods said:
After much research, I have decided that I (we) want a 2007 Off Road trim, 6 speed manual. Drove a yellow X months ago and fell in LOVE!

I am replacing my black 1990 Pathfinder...

The dilemma is that we can wait 3 months for a blue or armour at the great price we have through a corporate lease rate, or take the same trim and tranny now in a "Silver Mist".
Last fall I replaced my 1992 Pathfinder with a 2006 Off Road trim, 6 speed manual:
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1501

When I was planning my purchase, I had decided that I wanted to get a "Solar Yellow" X. However, once I started my "fax attack" to do the purchase, it turned out that there were only three yellow OR 6-speed Xterras in Canada - one in Calgary, One in Edmonton, and one in Quebec. Rather than pay extra (approx $400) to have the closest one shipped to Vancouver, I decided to get a Silver Xterra.

In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't get the Yellow one. I'm happy with the Silver. There are some photos of my silver X in these threads:
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4111
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4114

The differences between the 2006 and 2007 Xs are listed here:
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1790

P.S.
Although I had been into a couple of Nissan dealerships during the 'research phase' of looking into buying my X, the actual purchase was arranged without going into any dealership. It was all done via fax, email, and telephone. Only once the price was finalized did I go into the dealership.

·
on line
384 Posts
If you are the type that likes your vehicle to look clean, then silver will hide the everyday dirt better (granite is actually the best for that).

IMO, I would wait for the color you want. As its been said, you will have the vehicle for a while. Yes, you would get used to whatever color you get, but every time you see a Night Armor Xterra, will you look at it and wish you hadn't settled for the color you did?

·
on line
1,716 Posts
Backwoods said:
Rob, please let me use that beauty to pull my trailer this summer and I will adopt its twin.

Oh, and can a short chick like me use those sliders to get into an X "nicely" in a skirt suit? (serious question - having read here the bars are [email protected] in the woods)
My wife is 5'4" and she uses the sliders to get in while wearing skirts all of the time. That is how I got the ok to purchase them.
I'm kind of partial to Granite myself.

·
on line
237 Posts
Welcome to the forum!1 :cheers:

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have a Night Armor. It has trail pinstriping, which can only be seen when it's not covered in mud. Today we just bought a new Versa in silver, and parked next to each other, you can obviously see that the X is going to show more scratches than the Versa. Love them both, just not equally.

·
on line
78 Posts
Backwoods said:
We have an '07 OR, so it didn't have step rails. I'm 5'4" or 5'5" depending on the day and who measures me, and I had to do a funny butt-first jump into the seat until we got sliders. The sliders make it pretty easy to get in and out, thought I can't specifically vouch for doing so in a skirt--I wear jeans or shorts and flip flops to work every day. :flower:

BTW, welcome! You won't regret your X, regardless of what color you get.

·
on line
551 Posts
Welcome!
I've only bought one new vehicle that didn't have the color I wanted. It was the last one and it was gold/almond. Yeah it didn't show the dirt and such like blue X we have now, but it took almost 2 years for me to accept that dang color. And even then it was grudgingly. The truck itself was great, but that dang color just didn't feel like it fit me.

·
on line
623 Posts
personally i think color is very important. for me, i chose the color over trim and tranny................it HAD to be yellow or it was a no sale. i got lucky and found a yellow S with the options that i wanted.. didn't test drive it and bought it on the spot :cheers:
________
Avandia Settlement

·
on line
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanx all for the imput. We are going with the Silver Mist.

DH & I learned just how bad we wanted THIS truck NOW when there was a delay in the financing application. Turned out to only be a fraud check as DH had his wallet stollen last year.

This truck has the off road trim and the 6 speed manual that were MUSTS for me, and the silver may not be my first choice, but it is far from the last. And I did prefer a charcoal interior.

And we get to pick it up Friday. Its gonna be a SWEET long week end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
on line
641 Posts
Backwoods said:
We are going with the Silver Mist....This truck has the off road trim and the 6 speed manual...And I did prefer a charcoal interior.
So yours will be the same as mine. Except 2007 vs 2006. And charcoal vs blue/graphite interior. And mine has shrock sliders and front bumper. And mine lives in Victoria. So, almost "the same" ;-)

·
on line
23 Posts
juntao said:
personally i think color is very important .... for me, it HAD to be yellow:
I'm right there with ya!!! I am hopefully getting my Yellow X this week... I've been searching all over the area and we've found one. My local guy (offering invoice minus the $1k rebate) will know tomorrow what the status is.

I had a yellow VehiCROSS and loved it - still sad to think I gave that one up... but we need to move on! Yellow X, here I come!

·
on line
3,272 Posts
I had a yellow VehiCROSS and loved it - still sad to think I gave that one up... but we need to move on! Yellow X, here I come!
How was that car as far as off roading went? I had an 2 door Isuzu Amigo 4x4 (first car) and I thought it was the coolest thing. I sold it for my Dodge Ram because it kept breaking down on me but for the life of me till this day I think it was my mechanic pulling one over on me.

I loved that little Amigo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts