Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
each look the same but the only differance i see is in price the calmini is around 700 were as the shock works is around 900. i dont know anyone around where i live that has anythign like this on there rig i was wondering if any of you guys had any exsperiance with either and can give me some help on witch to get.

thanks a bunch guyssss

bd23bab :brilsmurf:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
There are actually a few differences.

Here is what I know:

Shrock is made of thicker steel all the way around.
Shrock has integrated recovery points.
Shrock has an internal winch mount (the winch mounts feet first).
Shrock has a history of great powdercoating.
Shrock has holes for stock fog lights (or aftermarket if you rig them up to make them fit).

Calmini is made of thinner metal.
Calmini has no recovery points (except the winch).
Calmini has an external winch mount (the winch sticks out of the top of the bumper).
Calmini has a history of crappy powdercoating that flakes off.
Calmini has no fog light holes.

Here is what I have been told:
Shrock has better approach angle than the Calmini

·
on line
2,077 Posts
the majority go with shrock because the buzz around town is they use a thicker steel and the weld quality is better. plus with the shrock your winch is hidden in the bumper and calmini it sticks straight out the top for people to see and want to steal!!!....oh, and calmini doesn't have any front tow hooks (no good....

only one person on this board runs with a calmini front.....as far as looks, it's personal preference.

edit...beat to the punch....

·
on line
631 Posts
stock!!

i mean SHROCK!! im ordering mine after i move in 3 weeks. im ordering mine as an early christmas present... so it arrives by christmas

·
on line
551 Posts
driver X said:
stock!!

i mean SHROCK!! im ordering mine after i move in 3 weeks. im ordering mine as an early christmas present... so it arrives by christmas
Now there's a man that thinks ahead! :santa:

·
on line
631 Posts
haha, well with all the complaints of waiting 3...4...9 months for a bumper i figured i would order waaay ahead so it arrives when i expect it too. but my sliders arrived in 3 weeks so i was amazed at that.

order waaaaay in advance! and buy shrock if you want purpose, form and function

·
on line
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the input guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts