Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any second gen wheel will fit but why? The Pro4X style wheels that you have are by far the best looking.
I like to have a second set of rims for a dedicated set of snow tires.

Are you sure any set of 2nd gen rims will fit? Are they all 16", like my Pro 4X?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Yeah, a second gen steel wheel from the base model X Xterra. The 17" wheels fit too, they just use a lower profile tire.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Remember, you'll need new set of TPMs and re-set/re-program of sensors ever year unless you just black tape over the warning light during the winter.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Can you explain further?

Thanks
Not sure of other models but the Pro-4X has Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors (TPMS) attached to the rims to indicate when the tires are losing pressure.

If you bought steelies/rims that doesn't come with those, you'll get a warning light on your dash which is annoying to some but it's tolerable if you just ignore it.

Downside is that you won't know that you'll have a flat since there are no TPMS's in your winter rims.

If it's just for spare or winter tires, I say no need to get them since they are expensive.

More info here after a quick search:
http://standardbrand.com/Standard+-...essure+Monitoring+(TPMS)+Sensors/Content.aspx

·
Registered
137 Posts
A 6x4.5 bolt pattern.....or to better answer your question.... any Frontier, Xterra from 2005-now and Pathfinder from 2005-2012. The Suzuki Equator of the same years will also work. They vary in size from 16" to 18" but they will fit.

·
on line
2,243 Posts
There are also some 15" rims on Frontiers but they don't fit. They were only on the 2WD I4 trucks and have smaller brakes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I put the steel rims on for the winter, and the indicator light goes on, does it go off when I put the stock rims back on, or do I have to have it reset?

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts