Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll take a simple stab at this. What are some of the things we'd like to have for the X but just can't readily get? I'm interested in this because I'd like to see what types of modifications most interest people and what we can do to improve those mods...

I have a couple of ideas brewing for some clean and neat mods but I'd like to know what users wish they had; whether it would be parts, kits or mods.

Post up :drink:

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
550 Posts
Diesel swap kit.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quite the mod there :)

I'd like to see what people wish they could get, specifically if was targeted just for our X.

Thanks,

-Jason

·
on line
10,980 Posts
In no particular order:
  • Light weight (and modular) rear drawer system
  • Larger capacity fuel tank (or secondary tank with transfer capability or full secondary - switched - system)
  • Easily installed (two wire hookup) modular auxiliary electrical system (switches for control & relays/wiring for supply), that integrates into the factory dash/console
  • ... building off of that, a kit/modular console replacement, etc. that tailors components to our trucks; for a console replacement that has room for radios, storage, switches, etc. etc. (SAMI did a custom job for his ... this is kind-of along the lines of what I'm talking about)
  • Highline fender kit (including a solution for equivalent rear body clearance)
  • Alternator relocation kit
  • "Trail Tool Kit" ... designed around commonly used tools, specific to the Xterra, sold with an easy(ish) to move (and rattle free!) box ... could sell the kit/box, the kit alone, or the box alone ... could even make it part of the modular rear drawer system, don't need to be high-end tools - in fact that's probably better, that way they're easy to replace if one is lost/damaged/stolen
  • Low(er) profile snorkel
  • Rear corner armor ... bolts to (or around) frame, keeps the plastic corners from getting scraped/dented/caved-in on drops (I believe OregonX did something along these lines for his truck) ... it's okay if it requires some trimming to fit, but provide templates for clean cuts & even clearance
  • Rear side window replacements that open to allow access to the rear cargo area ... either sliding or hinged, prefer maintaining visibility over going completely solid, but would consider a solid option
  • Color matched add-on gauge pod ... either a-pillar or center stack replacement; gaugepods.com (I think that's the company) did one once, but IIRC it was just a group buy, and they're not necessarily available any more ... but I don't have any confirmation of that
... like I said, no particular order, thought to feasibility, or what have you ... I also tried not to repeat ideas given previously ... certainly not an exhaustive list, either. If I think of more to share, I'll come back and post again.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far, thanks for everyone posting up.

Please continue the thread going if you can. Skibum, I like the comprehensive list, good stuff.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
[*]Highline fender kit (including a solution for equivalent rear body clearance)
[*]Alternator relocation kit
[*]"Trail Tool Kit" ... designed around commonly used tools, specific to the Xterra, sold with an easy(ish) to move (and rattle free!) box ... could sell the kit/box, the kit alone, or the box alone ... could even make it part of the modular rear drawer system, don't need to be high-end tools - in fact that's probably better, that way they're easy to replace if one is lost/damaged/stolen

[*]Rear side window replacements that open to allow access to the rear cargo area ... either sliding or hinged, prefer maintaining visibility over going completely solid, but would consider a solid option
I really like these, I need to build an Xterra specific Trail Tool Kit and just haven't had the motivation, I usually just throw a toolbox in the back with some things I know i'll need and hit the trails. There are a lot of great on board tool boxes on this forum, I just need to take the time to do it.

Also, I am actually surprised there aren't more front fender options for the Xterra, only those ugly azz Hanneman ones that stick out way too far. Maybe its because fenders aren't an issue really? I think someone could design flat style tube fenders like these: Link that could look cool...

·
on line
14,613 Posts
  • item.......... SAS kit(complete) with a no Christmas tree guarantee.
  • item.......... 3 link or 4 link rear end(complete)
  • item.......... Atlas transfer case install kit(complete) with adapter plate, cables, cutouts, etc....
  • item.......... Titan engine install kit(complete) all associated hardware included with exception of engine and trans....
  • item.......... EXO cage kit parts/tubes (front) (partial rear?)
  • item.......... quick release fender kit
  • item..........Evap canister relocation kit/breather extension
  • item..........water cooled alternator kit
  • item..........Beadlock kit or Beadlock product
  • item..........Waterproof rubber door seal kit
  • item..........prebuilt cardan shaft /kit for 3inch suspension lift.

"And that's all I've got to say about that."

·
on line
10,980 Posts
What about the current Atlas adapter doesn't work for you guys? It's applicable to both AT & MT as far as I know (same bolt pattern), and the only 'issues' are some cutting of the existing console to mate the shifters ... but that's not going to change with a kit, I don't think.

·
on line
14,613 Posts
What about the current Atlas adapter doesn't work for you guys? It's applicable to both AT & MT as far as I know (same bolt pattern), and the only 'issues' are some cutting of the existing console to mate the shifters ... but that's not going to change with a kit, I don't think.
Just wanted a kit, where some one has thought all required materials(if any)

·
Registered
303 Posts
I support the opening rear glass because then even if you didn't have the fold flat front seats you could carry long items like lumber!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts