Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Nisstec MKIII 3" kit along with some other parts that needed replacing..
I also have the Shrockworks full front bumper to install as well...

What would be better or recommended to install first.?
That front bumper is really heavy,,
So would it be better to install the lift kit and then the bumper, so the bumper would be mounted to an already lifted and stronger suspension system..
Or does it matter not.
Thanks

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
1,359 Posts
Definitely change out the suspension first. The less weight to worry about on your jack, stands, toes... the better.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely change out the suspension first. The less weight to worry about on your jack, stands, toes... the better.
Good point!
...I was told by my mechanic suspension first.. then bumper.. and I prefer that way as well too..Just thought there may be another perspective we were overlooking...

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
If an extra 150ish lbs of weight on your jack and stands is an issue, you need better equipment, lol. The order doesn't matter one bit, totally different locations.

·
Registered
'06 Off Road
154 Posts
I just received my Nisstec MKIII 3" kit along with some other parts that needed replacing..
I also have the Shrockworks full front bumper to install as well...

What would be better or recommended to install first.?
That front bumper is really heavy,,
So would it be better to install the lift kit and then the bumper, so the bumper would be mounted to an already lifted and stronger suspension system..
Or does it matter not.
Thanks
I would take care of the items that need replacing first... assuming these are maintenance / repair type pieces not already part of the suspension kit. You want to have a solid, reliable "base" to build from before throwing modifications on.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I would take care of the items that need replacing first... assuming these are maintenance / repair type pieces not already part of the suspension kit. You want to have a solid, reliable "base" to build from before throwing modifications on.
This guy Xterras! :p Yup, would definitely install the suspension first cuz if you're like me, you'll probably be lazy and install the bumper another day. At least now you'll have a fresh feeling suspension to ride on instead of the latter and install the bumper first and you'll be faceplanting every time you hit the brakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts