Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm deployed and just bought a ton of stuffs for my 2005 X, so I can have something to do during my time off when I get back.

Schrockworks bumper w/ 7" lights, schrockworks rear tire holder, smoked tail lights, and light guards.
I currently have a 2" body lift, K&N intake, tint all around, nurf bars, and sound system.

My dilemma is do I wrap my 17" XD addict black matte rims in 33" nitto grapplers or 35"?
Also, I'm debating between a bright red metallic paint job (with all plastic, including grille, painted black), or a red digital camo wrap (with all plastic, including grille, painted black).
Opinions???

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'd go with the metallic paint- a camo wrap will not look good on the X.

As for the tires, I'd stick with 33s, you will have a much easier time fitting them under the truck.

Finally, think about some suspension upgrades- with the added weight of bumpers, you will want a higher spring rate than stock.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
If you're going to wheel it, drop the idea of throwing big money on paint and put it into other useful items like a lift, skids, sliders, and recovery gear. Youre just going to end up trashing the paint, and thats a waste of money.

·
Registered
2011 Pro4X 6SM Night Armor
390 Posts
Well my fellow Armed forces individual I will just say stay safe so you can return and do all this work
I am a soldier so the cammo is not a bad idea but..??.. not sure, put that money in other cool stuff the X looks good in any color

·
Registered
2008 Xterra Off Road
1,708 Posts
If you're going to wheel it, drop the idea of throwing big money on paint and put it into other useful items like a lift, skids, sliders, and recovery gear. Youre just going to end up trashing the paint, and thats a waste of money.
X2!!!!!!! And Im a soldier too. The only advantage is that a wrap would save your stock paint for resale.

Stick with 33"a unless you plan on a Titan swap. 35"s are doable on a stock front diff but risky.
Posted via Mobile Device
X2 again. 35s will be tuff to fit under your truck with just a 2" BL and your bumpers are going to make your stock suspension sag like crazy.

Take the money from the paint and put it towards AAL in the back and HD springs or just go Titan Swap. Its worth it if you wheel. If you mall crawl then disregard my statements, sell your X and get a Jeep Liberty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts