Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prg 4wd basic kit but with shackles and the AAL 2 spring back and radlflo rear shocks? Really just looking for options and opinions? Sorry if it a constant question
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks that is what I thought my friend was gonna give me a set of 35s but figured they where to big and would rub. Also have the melt mod done
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Thanks that is what I thought my friend was gonna give me a set of 35s but figured they where to big and would rub. Also have the melt mod done
Posted via Mobile Device
That would take ton of fender cutting on only that lift.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay I just read on another post I may be wrong but the lift I have and if I got a 2inch body lift could I run 35's.. I may be wrong just throwing it out there
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Nah ... go for 37s ... you'll thank me later. :eek:ccasion5:

Just kidding, don't really do that ... I hope nobody thought I was serious.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I guess I was mislead then with the body kit.... That word sawzall is something I don't want to bring near my x lol
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Take the free tires, if they are in good condition. This will save you 800-1000. Then take it to a body shop to cut the fender professionally, then 200 body lift that Jersey Parts is selling RIGHT NOW.

Done.

You sure they are 17's *the 35's*

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Not mislead with the bodylift, but the fenders would still need some trimming. 21SF is on track with what I meant, and a body shop had better be able to do a good job with the trimming. By saving on the tires you could pay for the trimming and BL, plus get a set of sliders, or some skid plates.

The simplest would be tried and true, 285-70-17, which is roughly a 33" tire. It will fit with only the melt mod which you have already done.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Meh ... plenty of folks have gone to 35s on stock gearing. While I happen to agree with you, that it would probably be *better* to gear the axles, as well, if one's going to that size tire ... it's not a *requirement*.

Besides, if the OP has an SE (and I assume an AT, as well) then his stock gears are 3.13:1 ... that means that going to a 3.36:1 is relatively cake, by getting some car-part.com diffs ... as opposed to, say, my case of being 3.69:1 stock and having only aftermarket options to gear deeper.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts