Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I was looking at the door jam sticker to get my paint code and noticed that under trim, there is an "X". The thing is, I bought an S model. My sticker, which I still have, states it's an S model and the VIN matches everywhere. Why would nissan put an X on the sticker if it's really an S? Do I have a rare specimen here??

:)

do any of you have similiar findings?

·
TNX Administrator
20,360 Posts
I purchased an "S" Model also, but when I also looked at the door jam it states that it is a "X" Model - Soooo I'm assuming that all Xterra's are born with a basic "X" body and it depends on what you options you add to it, that make it an "X", "OR" or "SE".

·
on line
1,208 Posts
my X-model has an X for the trim level there......... :munky2:

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, thanks for the sanity checks......

·
on line
197 Posts
And to finish off the model lineup, my '05 SE shows a Trim=X as well. Just the OR's appear to be "born" differently.

Not to get everyone running out to look at door jamb stickers...but it also showed Axle=CA31. I haven't seen that designator anywhere else...inquiring mind...

·
on line
197 Posts
It's on '05 SE. Apparently the labelplate Trim=X has nothing to do with the Trim Level being an 'X'...if that makes any sense!

·
on line
255 Posts
Same here.

Also, as mcampana says, a lot of the 'S' trim features are convenience/cosmetic. '07' upgrade from 'X' to 'S' trim level incl. pwr w&l w/remote keyless entry , security and cruise. These could be added through a 'Power Pkg.' to the 'X' trim model in '07. In '08 they are standard in the 'X'(base) trim.
I don't know about the '06, but the '07 and '08 'S' trim level has an upgraded driver's seat with 8 way manual adjustment, incl. seat bottom up/dn/angle, along w/lumbar adj. ,which was a consideration for us over the 'X' trim with regards to driving position/comfort. I didn't find any option pkg. to add the 'S' seats to the 'X' trim.

·
on line
1,127 Posts
TXterra37 said:
XterraDude said:
Well I guess I am just way cooler than any of you guys. I have an 06 Offroad edition and it says I have a "Z" trim
LOL, looks like Nissan factory workers slap on whatever they want! Or perhaps this guy thought it was a 350[/b]Z!?
haha probibly. They are all probably sittin at the factory with one of those Scatagories dice with all the letters on it. "Well looks like this one is going to be the Y model"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts