Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 X 6MT
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I got the term right? I took the upper console from a Pathfinder for the sunglasses holder. The Pathy was equipped with a sunroof, so now I have a sunroof open/close switch, basically same deal as a power window switch - forward, stop, reverse.

So, what should I wire up to it? My cop friend said "discrete red & blue LED you can flash for a second"...ah, no.

I don't own a winch, but can it be controlled from inside the truck safely? maybe a winch in winch out switch?

Annoyingly loud BRAAAAP horn or polite wee-hoo-wee-hoo horn? Raise & lower the anti-aircraft cannon?

Don't say sunroof!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't want to make a winch switch any more complicated. When you need it, you NEED it. Don't add complexity to something so simple.
And often, you want to be standing at the winch, watching it wind, while you run it in. Thats why many have wireless controllers, or wired ones long enough to reach the driver's seat. Winch while driving, but stand by it while winding it up, or doing the initial rigging. Though, often you have someone ELSE do that, if the rig is in a precarious spot... while you stay behind the wheel/brakes.

Secondary horn, sure.

Install flip out rear windows like the 90's mini-vans? Yeah... too complex.

Reactions: Gingie

·
Registered
2006 X 6MT
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More Aux lights?
Well, that's the problem - I have to keep my finger on the switch continously. Maybe have it as flash to pass light, for when I'm stuck behind...wait, everyone is stuck behind me. But seriously, worth considering.. a push on the forward button could flash high beams & roof lights, and a push rear could flash back up lights. hmmm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts