Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Pro 4X

So far, I've been changing oil/filter every 5K and air filter every 15K.

What would you recommend I do for my 30K mile maintenance?

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'd have your front end checked for alignment and check your brake pads. Also, look into getting your brake rotors lathed smooth if they need it...they usually do at 30k. And I'd be checking tire wear unless you do that regularly. You may want to look into diff fluid. Although nowadays you shouldn't need to change diff fluid unless you're having problems... but you could always have it checked at a local shop you trust. Same thing with tranny fluid.

I'm assuming you're checking your fluid levels on a regular basis and nothing is low (brake, steering, antifreeze, etc.) You might consider a flush of anything you don't feel comfortable about. Remember you can never go wrong with flushing a fluid that doesn't need it, but you can easilly overlook something that does need changing. The only thing changing fluid hurts is your wallet (if done correctly, of course).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd have your front end checked for alignment and check your brake pads. Also, look into getting your brake rotors lathed smooth if they need it...they usually do at 30k. And I'd be checking tire wear unless you do that regularly. You may want to look into diff fluid. Although nowadays you shouldn't need to change diff fluid unless you're having problems... but you could always have it checked at a local shop you trust. Same thing with tranny fluid.

I'm assuming you're checking your fluid levels on a regular basis and nothing is low (brake, steering, antifreeze, etc.) You might consider a flush of anything you don't feel comfortable about. Remember you can never go wrong with flushing a fluid that doesn't need it, but you can easilly overlook something that does need changing. The only thing changing fluid hurts is your wallet (if done correctly, of course).
Am I good with just a drain & fill for the tranny? If so, how many qts.?

Should I be flushing brake fluid at 30K, as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Your local dealership's service dept. can print out the 30k mile maintenance for you.

Sent from you know where...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your local dealership's service dept. can print out the 30k mile maintenance for you.

Sent from you know where...

Is it the same as what's in my owners/maintenance manual?

If so, is there anything else you would recommend, in addition?

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Am I good with just a drain & fill for the tranny? If so, how many qts.?

Should I be flushing brake fluid at 30K, as well?

Thanks
Yeah, usually a drain and fill every 10k is what I do. But I also change my oil every 3k. As far as amount of fluid, use the search function. I recall a thread posting all fluids and their appropriate amounts somewhere. Or just pick up a Haynes service repair manual.

Brake fluid I think is ok. As long as you're not having problems after you smooth the rotors and check pads.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Here's what I follow, might be overkill in some areas.

• Oil change every 7,500 miles w/Mobil 1 Extended Performance (15k) Oil. I basically run it half of what the bottle says.
  • Chevron Techron injector cleaner @ each oil change

One day per year I do the following:
  • Rotate tires once a year (I drive ~15k per year)
  • Refresh brake fluid
  • Check and inspect brake system
  • Lube all hinges, bushes, and attachement points
  • Recharge / clean air filter (have a washable AEM filter)
  • Top any off fluids

Every 30k I have the dealer perform:
  • Transmission service (flush) by dealer every 30k.
  • Radiator / Coolant service.
  • Multi-point inspection by dealer @ same 30k checks

Every 60k I have the dealer perform:
  • Differential service.
  • Multi-point inspection by dealer @ same 30k checks
  • Brake fluid flush
  • T-case service

At 75k
  • Do spark plugs myself

When needed:
  • Change my brakes (did rotors and pads @ 50k. Less so that they really needed it, more so I wanted an upgrade)
  • Change in-cabin filter

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, thanks for the replies.

Does anyone know the best (read:cheapest) place to get a 2011 Service Manual, online or otherwise?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Free is always my line of choice.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Xterra/2011_xterra/

That is the Factory Service Manual for the 2011 Nissan Xterra. Little choppy on their file names, but looking at the fwd.pdf will help out a lot. Keep it as a bookmark or DL and store it on Drive/Locally and rename/reorg like I did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts