Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im really contemplating getting a lift for my 05 4x4... i ruled out the calmini 5'' cuz of the price and then looked at the different 3'' spacer options... its cheap and i can probabily do it myselff... i hope.. but i read somewhere that you need extended front and rear shocks as well as extended front and rear brake lines.. that all sounds like a pain in the butt and i just replaced a front shock cuz i busted it..
but can someone please clarify what in addition in need to complete a 2'' or 3'' spacer and AAL lift?.. thanks

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome... thanks man.... is there any particular brand thats better or is a spacer a spacer

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Pretty much a spacer is a spacer. Alot of guys have been going with my spacer, the top gun costomz. Its cheap, only 99 bucks, and has a lifetime warrenty. That coupled with the deavers is a great budget set up, ive wheeled it all over and have no complaints.

Only reason i am upgrading my lift is to get more of a lift, and i had some money to burn.

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok yet another question... the yop gun customz spacer went on top of the whole shock assembly which seems to make installation alot easer.. are there any other spacers that install the same way with maybe a little more lift? also i found the calmini 3" spacers.. do they install the same way or whats the deal.. is the extra 75 bucks worth it for the extra inch? and while on that site, i saw the calmini AAL and shackle stuff.. does calmini put out decent products?
http://purenissan.com/coil_spacer_kit.htm

·
on line
2,072 Posts
mcampana said:
I cant personally comment on their stuff. I can say that you dont want a huge spacer or you will have crazy coil bucket contact.
mcampana, how much UCA contact are you getting? Since putting mine in two weeks ago (thanks for the words of wisdom while I was doing it) I seem to be getting alot. If I go to fast over a speedbump it is major. Haven't gone off road yet.

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks man, im just coming up the learning curve and you've been a big help.. thx
i think i am going ot go with what your recommendation on the TGC spacers and the calmin AAL because of price
thanks dude

·
on line
91 Posts
By pure luck UPS will be delivering my Top Gunz Thursday and Jen and Greg verified that My Deavers AAL and Bilstiens will be here on Friday. Looks to be a fun weekend of modding. Will post some Before and After pics.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
mcampana said:
I only get contact when offroad.
I only get contact offroad as well.

On pavement, it has only contacted once. That was when I went over a speed bump pretty fast to see if it would hit. And sure enough, it did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts