Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i've read far too many posts and i looked at B slater's cheat sheet on what lift to choose but am still confused. Ive been trying to figure out all the acronyms you guys use, about half way there. I am looking for a small lift 2" to 2.5", am not planning on doing heavy duty of road or pull very heavy loads and i am planning on getting a shrockworks bumber. according to the cheat sheet I should go with a spring and shackle lift. However, i want to upgrade my suspension rather than just lift it. And dont the AC stiffer coils mess up the shocks? My very most i can spend is probably around $500-600, but i do want an upgrade that will lift but also improve from stock. What should i get? and is it feasible for that price range? sorry for the long post and thanks.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Mark is right.... Even though alot of us really know what we are talking about when it comes to lifting the X, Greg at PRG does it for a living... and he is a totally cool guy. 951-780-5331

·
on line
3,262 Posts
mcampana said:
Thanks eddo, i know im totaly cool. But Greg is a pretty stand up guy himself. Call him!
Okay okay, after rereading my post I can see how you thought I was saying you were cool... but come on! Mark, if you know one thing about me its that I think you are a :tard: Duhr-dee-duh

·
on line
3,285 Posts
PaulXyZ has the AC coils and shackles and Shrockworks bumpers. So far, he hasn't blown the stock front shocks. I recently bought the AC coils and shackles, and will finally be installing them in mid-March. If I remember correctly, I paid $250 delivered.

·
on line
99 Posts
If I were you, OP, I would skip the shrock bumper if your not going to do any really hard wheeling... also skip the AC coils, while they may not break the front shocks everytime, they do ride pretty rough. Some like them, some don't. If you really want to upgrade the suspension, take the money from the bumper and put it into a prg lift w/new coilovers. $500-600 will get you a good spacer lift, deaver aal, cam bolts and alignment. probably won't get you the upgrades your looking for. Honestly, I love my bumper, but I get more enjoyment from the well sorted system greg sold me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts