Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got new tires put on yesterday; I got the pro comp extreme mud terrains in 285/75/16. I've got to tell you, I'm pretty happy with this so far. They are hardly rubbing at all (and I've yet to do the melt mod almost 100 miles later, though I will do it this weekend to eliminate it). And after 100 miles, the little rubber nubs haven't even come off! They are actually pretty quite too. Guess I'll see how they wear.

What I really want to know, is what tire presssure do you guys run in your 285's? And, will a 285/75/16 spare tire fit up under the xterra in the stock location?

I'll try to post a pic later. Thanks for the info.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
ahhh, I love those tires... Im running them right now. they are damn good offroad, and on road are pretty quiet for as aggressive as they are. I say run anything over 33psi and anything under 38 psi. Like stated above you might want to try the chalk test (I never did it) to find the sweet spot on your tires to get the most out of them.

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I won't lie, they look sick on the xterra. Now I need a lift! I showed my girlfriend where they had rubbed and said "opps, looks like I'll have to lift it a little to get rid of that..." I think she bought it! She was happy I didn't pay the $1k that discount tire wanted for the ATKO's.

I was pretty happy with the price too; I paid $600 for all 4 tires.

Speaking of the melt mod, anyone have a friend in Denver that would let me come over and use thier heat gun? I buy beer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts