Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
3,484 Posts
http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/
I live in Ohio also, one of my friends kids installs tint a a Zebart place, he wanted some side work and I let him do my Caddy, I stressed only legal, He did it and I got busted in the city by OSP. Warning, I was lucky, his father got busted also and it was $150 1st ticket no warning.

So I know Capt of OSP I ask him, he says follow the law, but you have to know what you have now, because law goes for TOTAL, so lets say it allows 25% Net, that means if you have 15% you can only install like 10% on top of that.

Every so often, Tint is the flavor of the week for enforcement. Meaning they don't look at it all that hard, then for like 2 weeks they look for it like you would your car keys or your wallet, and they bust as many as they can. Then, Headlamp Blackout is flavor of the week, or custom lighting or funny colors, you got the Idea, ask a SP next time you see one, he'll tell ya. MC

·
on line
559 Posts
i have 18% and it looks like a closer match. Looks darker from the inside. Looks perfect on the outside.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Make sure you get them to hold the film up next to the rear windows to check for color similarities. Our rear windows are colored with dye in the glass, so reproducing an exact match is tricky.

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
usmc xterra said:
http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/
I live in Ohio also, one of my friends kids installs tint a a Zebart place, he wanted some side work and I let him do my Caddy, I stressed only legal, He did it and I got busted in the city by OSP. Warning, I was lucky, his father got busted also and it was $150 1st ticket no warning.
. MC
Well, I moved here from MI not too long ago. I had a restriction on my license that let me have tints, doesn't matter how dark. I've got acute photosensitivity (no BS), and pretty much have to wear prescription sunglasses during the day.....glare at night kills me too. Does Ohio have a law like that? I figured I could just carry my State of Michigan papers with me and get off with it.

I remember once some dumb MI state police told me to take the tints off and wear my sunglasses at night while I drive. gave me a ticket, but i won it in court....judge asked the cop if he knew how to read because the papers clearly stated I was not in violation :cheers:
________
FetishStormX

·
on line
189 Posts
well i have 5% all around the back

and 15% on the front 2 windows..

is dark..

:blackeye:

·
on line
971 Posts
wBkM85 said:
it's actually 24%

but no matter what you do, it wont match from the inside, b/c the factory tint isn't as thick as the film they use
Nissan doesn't use film on the rear windows. The tint is actually in the glass itself. Nice match, BTW.

·
on line
877 Posts
yeah, that's what i meant to type. lol

it's as close as you can get though i think.

i wish Nissan would have tinted ALL the windows when they sold these things. either that or make it an option. i'd definitely pay for it. the difference isn't noticeable on the outside, but you can tell on the inside.

·
on line
2,573 Posts
I would love to put tint on the front but it's against the law in VT to have the front windows tinted. If you get pulled over you get a ticket and depending on the cops mood that day he can make you rip it off before you can drive away.

There are people with the fronts tinted all over the place. Trying to find a shop that will pass it for inspection is another journey.

Off track a little but when I went for my last inspection my dealer told me that one of my hellas was out. :scratch: How did you know that with the covers on. he said that any light that I have on the X has to be checked and if it's out they are allowed to not pass the vehicle. The good thing is that I have a cool dealer and I got my sticker and just went down to Auto Zone for the new bulb.

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ok, so i got the fronts tinted today. decided to go with 15% Llumar tints.....looks like a very close match from the outside. from the inside, there's a slight variation, but not much.

anyway, here's a crappy shot....

________
Extazy1901

1 - 18 of 18 Posts