Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to install the TGC Spacers and I have read that some people could not fit the OEM nuts on with the spacers. Does any know what size/thread count they are? I'd like to have them on hand in case they don't work for me either. Also what size cotter pins do I buy for replacing the ones on the UCA ball joint?

I've managed to squeeze out of work tomorrow, so I'm going to attempt to get it done (Front/Back) in about 5 hours. I figure I've been studying the How to's long enough, I might be able to do it. If not, I'll at least get the rear done and finish it on Saturday. It might look wierd riding around with the a$$ end lifted though.

·
on line
807 Posts
The stock nuts are M10 x 1.25
The studs on the TGC Spacers are M10 x 1.5

I would recommend getting 12 M10 washers, and 6 nuts of each of the 2 sizes above. Technically the stock nuts can be re-used, but they are really soft and round-off really easily. Plus, they aren't as shinny as the new stuff, so you might was well spend an extra $2 and get all new stuff.

So just to recap:
Use a washer and an M10 x 1.25 nut on each of the strut studs in order to bolt the spacer to the strut.

Then, use a washer and M10 x 1.5 nut on each of the TGC Spacers studs to bolt the spacer to the coilbucket.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Good thing you are Army not Navy. Otherwise I'd have to hit that softball question out of the park... :geek:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
That's some times tough when your only vehicle's suspension is in your hand. :)

Dunno if that is his case, but it is for many people.

When I installed my winch I had to drive it to the hardware store with no bumper because the bolts the winch came with were not long enough.

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Muzikman said:
That's some times tough when your only vehicle's suspension is in your hand. :)

Dunno if that is his case, but it is for many people.

When I installed my winch I had to drive it to the hardware store with no bumper because the bolts the winch came with were not long enough.
That is exactly my case, thats why I have been studying this a lot and coming up with every item I would need. I was able to complete the rear end today in about 3 hours, by myself. Of course I had access to a full maintenance facility. Thanks to all the excellent how to's wrriten by various people, I studied all of them and went at this like I had done twenty times or so, could not have worked out better.

It would have been quicker if it weren't for the Shock bolts being caked in thread locker from the factory and having a weak 1/2 drive Impact that didn't help much, nearly 40 minutes just to get those bastards off, theres always something that doesn't go right. It looks kind of funny right now but the ride on the Deavers is very nice. Bye, bye to that bottoming out. I am going to install the TGC Spacers tomorrow and recheck/ re torque everything. I'll post more pics and height gains then.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Half way there... good job. The rake isn't as bad as I thought it would be with just the rear lift, but I suppose it is hard to tell from just one picture. Can't wait to see it all finished up... that is the lift and tire combo with which I want to end up (though a slightly different rear set-up).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts