Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I have a mod bug!! As most of you know i already have a boat load of stuff on my X. This is what I have so far: everything Shrock makes (diff cover is being made). Full stero system, Timbrens, PRG lift with Calmini lift coming in the mail (hopefully soon). Air horns, New rotars and pads coming in the mail, headders, intake, cat back exhaust, seat covers, hi-lift, roof rack........ uh did i miss anything??

Anyway I know gears and lockers arent out yet (those will probably be next on my list when they come out) but what should I get now??

Should I go with a larger tire then the 33?? Or should I wait untill the gears and stuff come out?? (dont the guys with the SLR kit and the calmini kit have 35s??)

Should i replace my lower controll arms with the titan ones... or will they not fit without changing other things? Should i sell my rear bumper and go ahead and get one with the tire carrier on it (or try to have jim make mine into a tirecarrier one if possible)? Should I save up for a supercharger? Should I go gangster and get some suicide or lambo doors??
Maybe some 26" spinner rims <<< JOKE!

Come on guys i need some suggestions!!!!! I want to have the most expensive X in the country!!!!

·
on line
2,573 Posts
I'd wait on the tires till the new gears and locker come out. You don't need to waist your money on repairs that could have been prevented.

You could place an order for the Gobi roof rack when it comes out.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
STOP! Get a hold of yourself! Move the Horns to the rear where the tire used to be and put the Ramsey posted here in that winch hole so ya don't have to watch any Blair Witch Project videos being made! LOL Your Crazy! But I like to know if the brakes fit! MC

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
usmc xterra said:
STOP! Get a hold of yourself! Move the Horns to the rear where the tire used to be and put the Ramsey posted here in that winch hole so ya don't have to watch any Blair Witch Project videos being made! LOL Your Crazy! But I like to know if the brakes fit! MC
I knew you would chime in on this thread saying that i should buy a winch. Hmmm, I was thinking that the horns would be more protected up in the front than in the rear (its all open back there and at least in the front it is enclosed). But I guess that I might be able to swing that!!!!

Oh, why does 8th man have the most expensive ride?? how much was his SAS? Let the war begin!!

·
on line
551 Posts
I think an SAS should be your next mod, followed by 35's followed by a Stillen supercharger.
I've heard that AllPhase does really good work....
I think 8th man said it was in the 15k range?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i think that Im going to keep the IFS for now. I have too much money tied up in lift components and such to go that route. but i have thought about it in the past.

Maybe i will go on Safari when I go back to Africa and kill a white rhino... then i could make new seat covers out of its hide....

Then would i have the most expensive X in the world??

·
on line
1,884 Posts
I think your next mod should be buying the SLR lift for me!!! :geek:

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RogueClimber said:
I think your next mod should be buying the SLR lift for me!!! :geek:
Hmmmm, that sounds really tempting but.... the fiancee would be pretty pissed if i spent any of my money on anything besides her or my truck... And i get plenty of complaints that I am spending too much money on my truck and not enough on her :drunken:

You would think that a woman would be satisfied with a nice sized rock on her hand... but now she wants the accesories to go with it... earrings... necklace.... diamond belly ring (yes i am serious, she actually asked if they make those).

I guess diamonds to women are like shrockworks to us guys :cheers: :cheers:

·
on line
2,070 Posts
Exo roll cage it!!!!
Then put some 5 point harness seats in it.
Then put a spare tire mount in the back off the X.

OH ya buy yourself a Air compressor with tools!!!!
That will bring the cost of X up. The tools with make it
quicker to install, so u can buy more!
________
Vapor tower

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
muzikman said:
What are you using as OBA for the horns?
Small bottle and compressor

**Oh and i sent those roll cage guys an email. they have a houston area code so when i get to the states im going to take a look at their shop and see what they got!

·
on line
14,014 Posts
What I don't get is where guys like SEX and 8th get this extra $$$ for the X?! I know SEX has a fiance so plenty money is going there, as is to my g/f. Maybe it's just because Uncle Sam hates us lowly military types and keeps us at the bottom of the payroll! I tell you what though, once I return to civilian status, same job, I'll be bringing in about double what I am now, i.e. = have all my mods come ETS 28 July 2009!!!

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lets put it this way. I work for an oil company. I am gone half the year, a month at a time. (when i am away none of my money goes to eating, sleeping, driving,... nothing) I get paid a crap load of money, and my company pays taxes for me in Chad, Africa which turns out to be a huge tax cut in the states (not this April though) But now this calender year alot of taxes paid to the chadian government by my company will reduce my taxes drastically. On top of that I live with my fiancee, sister, and nephew in a really nice condo. So the bills are split. And my fiance works her butt off as a store manager for Fossil (the clothing company/watch company/accesory company). She gets paid pretty decent money for what she does. But she works her a$$ off.

With both of our incomes and living accomodations, we bring in.... well im not going to say... but lets just say for a couple of 26 yr olds we are doing very well.

** As for the mods... a winch is in my future, I have spacers coming... so hopefully i can get a set of rims with the right amout of backspacing (or inset... whatever) to compensate for the extra inch they push the tires out. And.... well i am open for opinions. I havent checked out the SIV yet... im going to do that now

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well i think that MC already has the storm intercept vehicle blown out of the water.... :drunken: :drunken:

LOL that does look pretty cool though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts