Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer has quite a few 06s on the lot. The MSRP on the Xterra S 2WD I'm looking at is $25,200. What would be a good offer? Thanks.

·
on line
21 Posts
To me that seems very high. If they still have 06's on the lot you should be able to get a good deal. Heck I got my 06 Off Road manual here in Colorado last year for $23,300. Check Edmunds.com or kbb.com for the invoice prices. I would guess the invoice on an S model would be closer to 21k. But just price it online then low ball them and see what happens.

·
on line
631 Posts
mln2963 said:
My local dealer has quite a few 06s on the lot. The MSRP on the Xterra S 2WD I'm looking at is $25,200. What would be a good offer? Thanks.
is that at douglas nissan in the valley automall?? talk to Craig Rechter, tell him NISHIMURA sent you. he should hook you up on a 06 or any nissan you're looking at. if he doesnt tell him he sucks as a new car salesman

·
on line
339 Posts
I got my 2WD 2007 S for $21,800 before tax a few weeks ago at a dealership near San Jose, CA.

I also got 3 dealerships to offer me $19,500 for a 2WD 2007 X model...

Also, I believe the average invoice of a 2007 S is right around $22,000.

What I did was emailed all the internet sales managers (use autotrader.com, cars.com, etc) within a 50 mile radius from me...after about 3 weeks, i gathered up the lowest offer i got and went to a neighborhood dealer just 5 minutes from my house. I told them what i was offered and they worked to match it. They originally wanted around $24,000.

Goodluck on your search. I've only owned my X for about 3 weeks and I absolutely love it....although...i have the mod itch and can't help but scratch it...

·
on line
331 Posts
I paid 21,000 plus fees and taxes for an 06 2wd S

·
on line
1,884 Posts
mln2963 said:
NO!

I paid less for my 06 in October 05...

·
on line
631 Posts
mln2963 said:
I paid 19,800 out the door for my 06 S 4wd with all the accesories that i took off (mud flaps, cargo organizer, first aid kit, wheel locks...)

·
on line
623 Posts
driver X said:
I paid 19,800 out the door for my 06 S 4wd with all the accesories that i took off (mud flaps, cargo organizer, first aid kit, wheel locks...)
dude, that's a deal. i got an 07 S, 4WD, A/T, step rails, first aid kit, one free oil change, emergency kit, 3.9% APR for $22,900 before taxes. You should be able to get the 06, esp a 2WD for 18-20 out the door.

Good luck~!
________
Paxil problems

·
on line
331 Posts
if you are trading in a vehicle or buying out right makes a difference. If a dealer is going to make a profit on your trade you may get a lower price on the new vehicle

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Im afraid to tell you guys how little I paid for my X...............And mine is a 4X4, automatic.......power package.

If i was looking at a 2 wheel drive model i wouldnt pay more than 19 for it. And now that i think of it i wouldnt pay mroe than like 18500...........watch out dude, be patient and stick to the price you want. That shouldnt be a very expensive ride.

·
on line
631 Posts
to add on top of all that i also got season tickets to the Utah Blaze (i never heard of them either), 5 vehicle details, 10 oil changes (which i have never used), coupon book to some local food places, AND.... thats it. the first aid kit i sold, the cargo organizer is organizing my laundry and the locking lugs are in the trash. mud flaps are somewhere in my house. but yea, 19,800 back in september. a 06 2wd S should be less since the 07s are out. i think the dealer is playin

·
on line
400 Posts
Re: MSRP

TXterra37 said:
Jeez, starting to think I got hosed. I bought my 05 S 4X4 model for 28k on Aug. 12 2005 (yes I remember the exact date), also came with a lot of extra packages (side curtain airbags, tow package, etc.)
did you go right away with the sticker price or did you try and negotiate?

·
on line
400 Posts
TXterra37 said:
Straight sticker. I was 19 and too excited about the realization that I was about to own my dream machine.
got a quiet similar story here with me and my pops.. just went with the price.. shoot if i knew more info on the prices im sure i couldve knocked down a few thousand.. w/e thats life you learn from your mistakes, but you will know for sure for your next car to beat the dealer down to the price that you want

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Several people on the post have said I should be able to get the S 2wd for 18k or 19k. The MSRP is $25,200 and Kelley Blue Book lists the invoice as $23,600. Even though it is an 06 I don't think I'll be able to get it that much below invoice. Am I wrong?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts