Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come for my X to get the timing chain replaced. I will be getting my hands dirty with this project as soon as I know that I've got the right parts. After searching a couple of sites for the chain, sprockets, etc. I am left a little confused because some of the parts say they fit '05 - '10 xterras, and the others fit '10 - '15 xterras. WHY? I hate asking stupid questions, but I REALLY hate making stupid mistakes. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
843 Posts
The parts should be the same. Some part numbers may have been replaced by others.
Parts needed are covered here:
Some kits are basic, some include all of the sprokets. Personally I didn't see the need to change any sprokets, just the chains, tensioner shoes, guides, water pump, and seals.
Where are you sourcing your parts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The parts should be the same. Some part numbers may have been replaced by others.
Parts needed are covered here:
Some kits are basic, some include all of the sprokets. Personally I didn't see the need to change any sprokets, just the chains, tensioner shoes, guides, water pump, and seals.
Where are you sourcing your parts?
I have been looking at my usual places I have purchased parts at previously. JC Whitney, RockAuto, Parts Geek, Amazon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts