Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to lift my 2011 Xterra 2wd. I am looking for suggestions on type of lift. THis is my daily driver but i have a vehicle provided by my job. I have put 3k on my X in a year. I do pull a trailer (6x10) alot on weekends. I am just looking for the look of raising it and will put 285/75/16s on it. I just think it looks better. Im assuming i should go with an AAL in the rear since i tow the trailer. I have looked at kits on ebay but dont know if they can be trusted. I have also looked at nisstec and PRG. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
on line
10,980 Posts
SAS a 2x4 ? Lol
Sure!! Why not? The 4wd trans output shaft & tail housing are all that's needed to convert the trans for 4x4, and that's just so the t-case can bolt up. Throw on an Atlas with the AA adapter and you're 4x4 in no time!

After all, it's only money, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
All joking aside. OME. Get the full kit. The lift is only 1.5", but its an upgrade in suspension front and back, not just a lift. I towed an over weight u-haul trailer across the country, twice, and the suspension of the X never complained once.

·
Registered
215 Posts
All joking aside. OME. Get the full kit. The lift is only 1.5", but its an upgrade in suspension front and back, not just a lift. I towed an over weight u-haul trailer across the country, twice, and the suspension of the X never complained once.
I agree with this. I just added the complete OME kit, and couldn't be happier. It is a complete improvement over stock OR suspension in every way. No more of that damn bottoming out with those horribly weak leaf springs that come with the X. Only having 1.5 inches of lift for me was a plus. If you are okay with that, I highly recommend the OME kit.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Are you going to try and wheel it or just tow? I use an ebay lift and it's perfect. Most of these guys are in 4x4 off-roading vehicles and will recommend lifts with extended travel. Basically something 2wd Xterras will never take advantage of. If you want to spend 3 to 5 times the money for a "smoother ride" then that is different.

If you tow you are going to want a slight rake. I would recommend 2-2.5 inch spacer up front, and a 1.5inch aal paired with a 1.5 inch shackle in the rear. Then when you tow you will sit level. This kit can be pieced together for under $200.00 on ebay, and give you the look and level you want. Good luck with the build!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts