Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided on my first major mod and would like to lift my truck about 2 inches. :bounce: I am a noob and need advice. I want to go suspension lift rather than body lift and would like to stay away from spacers/blocks on the front. People on here seem to say AAL is better than shackles on the rear, but I also read somewhere that you loose towing capacity with AAL. Is that true? I want something that will still give me a good ride in the city and everyday commute to work but will be rugged enough to take wheeling on the weekends. I picked out a lift package from 4x4parts.com that seems to be a good value for what you get but since I don't know alot about it I could be wrong. here is a link to the one I picked:

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html...9&ps_session=7f58d50d85ed99cdfacd4d969274a76c

Thanks alot for any imput in advance.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
for that price, call greg at prg and get the 2" radflo coilover for the front and shackles for the rear.....AAL would stiffen up the rear, shackle will maintain factory ride. the AC coils are quite stiff and many do no like them for various reasons. Even with the rancho shocks some still don't like them.

·
on line
68 Posts
I concur with the above. Yesterday, I installed my 2� Radflows in the front with Alcan leaf springs and PRG shackles for the rear. Great ride and handling, feels better than stock. Total cost for my stuff was about $1700 plus the wheel alignment.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
That kit isnt worth the money... I used to run that exact set up on the front end and it didnt perform the way I wanted it to.

And on another note you shouldnt be totally against spacers for the front.

Call Greg over at PRG tell him what your budget is and he will set you up with the best lift for the best price possible. www.prgproducts.com (you can find his number on their web page)

·
on line
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all you help, I will call Greg to see what he says.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts