Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i was looking for a place to mount my custom rear bumpers when i came across it.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
If you are wondering about the sticker: Inventory control...The part it is on, No Idea!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Yep a control box for the trailer lights. A lot of company's run the wire off the lights or supply. This adds load and drain to the circuit.

Nissan does the converter trick where they get only the signal from the supply in question, A separate power cable is run from the battery, into the converter and then the signal is brought from source and converter amplifies it and sends it to the trailer. This system gives you better power to your trailer lights and kind of separates it from the host system.
It's the best way to do it. Although you won't like the price should you damage that box.

I recently switched one over with a Hoppy unit on a Toyota, It will work, ya just have to figure out some wires. But lets not go there. I bet that box is in the 2 to 300 dollar range. Although I can make one for like $40.

MC

·
on line
1,479 Posts
USMC XTERRA said:
Yep a control box for the trailer lights. A lot of company's run the wire off the lights or supply. This adds load and drain to the circuit.

Nissan does the converter trick where they get only the signal from the supply in question, A separate power cable is run from the battery, into the converter and then the signal is brought from source and converter amplifies it and sends it to the trailer. This system gives you better power to your trailer lights and kind of separates it from the host system.
It's the best way to do it. Although you won't like the price should you damage that box.

I recently switched one over with a Hoppy unit on a Toyota, It will work, ya just have to figure out some wires. But lets not go there. I bet that box is in the 2 to 300 dollar range. Although I can make one for like $40.

MC
Do you have a write up for that mod?

·
on line
332 Posts
im trying to figure out what the hell that big vent is for!! i think the x has exterior cooling ducts :geek:

·
on line
3,217 Posts
That big vent is a one way valve that is there that is "activates" when you close the doors. Kind of works so that when you close the door and someone is inside it doesn't cause their ears to pop. If you close the rear door you can hear it work if you stand close to that section.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dragonplayboy said:
It's a yellow sticker.
well thanks Captain Obvious! :drunken:

he is my progress. and i know its made of cardboard. im most likely going to powercoat the stainless. my paintchips are very similar to knight armor. my problem is that i have to find a way to mount it damn thing. i think im going off of the existing step mounts and bolt it to the frame.

question is if the rear shrockworks bumper is the same dimensions as the stocker. i want everything flush, since its on my wishlist. also dont be afraid to throw out comments or ideas.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
How beefy will these bumpers (bumperettes???) be? If they deform if you hit them might it be better to keep the cheap and easily replaced plastic ones? The idea looks sweet though!

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
true. true. i was planning on making them .06" (1/16) thick. i was trying to keep it looking stock while getting rid of the steps. i hate those steps.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
What!? those steps are the greatest thing ever. I don't think i could live with out them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts