Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By continually removing the driver side D pillar trim in order to monkey around behind it, I managed to break (and apparently lose) one of the plastic clips that holds the trim in place. I have indicated the missing culprit with a red arrow in the pic below. I am assuming it looks similar to its blue brother just below it. Anyone know what this is called and/or where to get a replacement? :confused:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
If its the same as the ones on the doors, and I would guess it is, I found the Ford ones in the orange package at the auto parts stores work. Never seen any Nissan ones - looked in parts stores and on line, but my door panel was constantly coming loose and the Ford ones ended that?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought a 30 pack on eBay for cheap a while back. U can get good deals there on non OEM brand but it is essentially the same part.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a 30 pack on eBay for cheap a while back. U can get good deals there on non OEM brand but it is essentially the same part.
The issue with ebay, it would appear, is identifying the right clip to match the OEM.

I priced them from Courtesy Nissan. $1.xx per clip (expensive, but understandable, but $12 in freaking UPS or USPS shipping...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
on line
4,594 Posts
Don't discount your local home center.
My Lowes has many auto parts in their hardware bins ... including plastic clips for some of the other interior panels. I don't recall the identical item you're after however.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Yeah - I was thinking that would be one of my stops this morning when out and about. Local Nissan dealer is a pain in the butt too - they require you order parts in person, which is not happening for a $1.xx part. Thanks for the link.
When I showed up at my dealer looking for the clips for my door panel they told me they were $6.xx each, which is how I found the ford ones.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone want to guess what I found under the adjoining cargo rear panel? That's right, the "lost" fastener, and it was in perfect condition!

In the interim, I went to Autozone and found some other fasteners that were remarkably close. I then managed to drop one of those behind the adjoining panel before I discovered the original clip. It would require panel removal to get the dropped clip back, so hopefully it does not rattle.

Often, my life is proof that every silver lining is in fact part of a cloud...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts