Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this under a seat in my 2012 - previous owner activity.
Very small filter for something.
Where does it go?
Hopefully, it was replaced whenever they took it out.
Is it even an Xterra part?

Hood Grille Rectangle Automotive lighting Wood

·
Registered
2014 Metallic Blue X
43 Posts
Looks like the tab that holds it in is broken though. Could be why it was under the seat.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Replacement doors are $10-$15.
But people have rigged them in all sorts of ways with screws, zip ties, fasteners.
From factory... no screws, it just slips over 2 hooks and clips on via the long slot. I think. I mean, it looks like there's a spot, but never heard anyone mention using a screw.

·
Registered
2014 Metallic Blue X
43 Posts
Mines been broken for about a year now. It definitely would quite the blower motor down if it were installed. I've thought about using a screw as well, just haven't gotten around to doing it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mines been broken for about a year now. It definitely would quite the blower motor down if it were installed. I've thought about using a screw as well, just haven't gotten around to doing it.
Thanks guys! Finding alternative ways to connect things is a favorite hobby of mine (and keeps JB weld profitable). But it is always nice to know what it is supposed to be. :) $10-15 sounds pretty reasonable though.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Here’s the post of what I did when I broke mine.....

“Ok people, how many have had the top tab holding the cabin filter cover in snap off when you went to open the cover? Just happened half hour ago. I just don’t know why mine didn’t have a clip and screw/button to hold it where there’s a slot and hole for it. So...... I Fix

Gotta love having spare parts from 20 years ago in your toolbox. Total cost: 20 min over the expected 4, and 1 Jack-n-Coke. “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here’s the post of what I did when I broke mine.....

“Ok people, how many have had the top tab holding the cabin filter cover in snap off when you went to open the cover? Just happened half hour ago. I just don’t know why mine didn’t have a clip and screw/button to hold it where there’s a slot and hole for it. So...... I Fix

Gotta love having spare parts from 20 years ago in your toolbox. Total cost: 20 min over the expected 4, and 1 Jack-n-Coke. “

That looks like what seems should go there. I like it!

·
Registered
2014 Metallic Blue X
43 Posts
Reactions: StephenJTx

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'll need to see what I have laying around in the shed to fix mine then cause that looks like it works alright. If it doesn't though I found this just now OEM Frontier / Xterra / Pathfinder Cabin Air Filter Door - Z1 Off-Road - Performance OEM and Aftermarket Engineered Parts Global Leader Nissan Truck & SUV
That’s exactly what we have. But..... the issue for me and anyone who has the tab break, is that the tab isn’t on the door but the housing panel. There’s nothing wrong with my door. I basically broke the box. The door just has that hole in the right spot for my twisty locknut to grab

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
That’s exactly what we have. But..... the issue for me and anyone who has the tab break, is that the tab isn’t on the door but the housing panel. There’s nothing wrong with my door. I basically broke the box. The door just has that hole in the right spot for my twisty locknut to grab

Yup, but his picture in post #1 shows a broken door. I guess it would be worth checking the box too, but his door is missing the 2 little tabs that slip into the slots.

There are people who swear its impossible to open the door without breaking it. I've changed mine 6+ times without an issue

Reactions: SledheadX

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yup, but his picture in post #1 shows a broken door. I guess it would be worth checking the box too, but his door is missing the 2 little tabs that slip into the slots.

There are people who swear its impossible to open the door without breaking it. I've changed mine 6+ times without an issue
Yeah. Didn’t notice those tabs broken. Was only thinking of the other one. I’ll bet his broke all the way around to fall out like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts