Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I had an AAL put on, not for the purpose of lifting, but to solve bottoming out issue, which it did.

The spring shop told me it would sit about 1" higher than it did before. Stupid me, I did not take any before measurements, I do notice that it sits higher in the rear.

Can anyone with a stock rear suspension measure from the center of the rear wheel to the fender lip? Reason for center of the wheel is that it removes the tire height as a variable. Mine is 21.5" in the rear now.

wondering how close to stock it is, wife is supposed to take it to work tomorrow, and scared it might be too tight for the parking garage. Sign says 6'3", but it used to say 6'6". We could get in no problem from new, before it started to sag, if the slight lift from the AAL brought us back to near stock, we should be ok.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Here is the chart for my 2005 service manual. Probably the same as yours (OR model should be same or similar to your pro4x)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Only way to know the true height of your X is to take a board (2x4 of something) and lay it across the highest part of your truck (passenger side to drivers side). Measure the ground to the bottom of the board and you will have the height of the truck. Add an inch for safety.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only way to know the true height of your X is to take a board (2x4 of something) and lay it across the highest part of your truck (passenger side to drivers side). Measure the ground to the bottom of the board and you will have the height of the truck. Add an inch for safety.
I did that part, unfortunately, no before and after, only after. I'm curious to know how much I was compared to stock.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 2013 S that I bought brand new about a month ago. Suspension is completely stock and the measurement you asked for is 20.75" on mine.

·
on line
576 Posts
Here is the chart for my 2005 service manual. Probably the same as yours (OR model should be same or similar to your pro4x)

Wow according to this chart my NISSTEC lift is giving me 3" of lift in the front and rear since I am now at 36 3/4 and 38 1/4" running a 265/70/17 on my 2005 SE.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts