Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at 2006 XTerras on a dealer lot last night and some of them had an option I have not seen on any other XTerra on a lot. The Environmental Package and it costs $850.

Is this for real or does this come under additional dealer profit?

·
TNX Administrator
20,493 Posts
A $850 Environmental Package? What does that do - make the entire Xterra biodegradable? Massachsetts, California and a few other states has emissions law that exceed the federal laws and no has tried to pass that one off on us yet. Even a certified Vermont tree-hugger wouldn't pay $850 for such a rediculous thing.

I wonder if the original 1964 and 1/2 Ford Mustangs has an early intro assesment?????? :cool:)

Hope you have some other dealers readily available to you.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Got to love those great state laws.

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got at least 4 other dealers within an hours drive. I have been looking the XTerras at two other dealers. This dealer is the only Nissan dealer I have seen that lists this option and it is not on all the XTerras on his lot. And I have never seen this on anyother makes stickers.

Kentucky has no state laws that go above and beyond federal emmission laws.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
YEY another Kentuckian!!

I got mine here in Bowling Green and there wasn't such an option
Welcome byt the way

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well deal with em.
Say, Take the $850 off this vehicle just for starters! I'm not your environmentalist! No Matter what he says besides "OK" say that'll be $1000 - $150 more for making me work to make my point! No matter what he says, say "screw it! I'll give you 28K buy it and take it home today Loaded! Or I'm walking! Then go to another dealer anyways. What kind of scam is that? Maybe he's got Amsoil in everything? Not worth $850. Or maybe because the Locker and VDC promote better traction he calls that a "Tread Lightly" eviromentalist package? Go see him, screw with him and buy somewhere else. He still has to service your vehicle if warranty come about. MC

·
on line
240 Posts
Probably a paint protectant. They call it an environmental protection package. Its BS!! There usually is no "special coating" on the car.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
If you are going to end up driving thru the woods don't waste your money. Mine paint is pretty trashed.

·
on line
384 Posts
I think Jason has it right. It is probably a group of products designed to add more protection from the elements. Usually something for the paint, a treatment for the undercarriage and Scotch-Gard (or the equivalent) for the interior.

That is usually something dealerships try to add on at the end to get a few bucks more out of you. I would not pay for it and tell them you will be willing to start negotiating as long as that package is removed and not the only price break they give you. Its not something you want and you would be happy to look at other dealerships that have not automatically added that stuff.

If Nissan thought that stuff was needed, they would either apply it at the factory (as part of the standard package) or there would be an official option available from Nissan.

·
on line
295 Posts
It's two tread lightly stickers and a brochure. Thanks for your money!!

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown:-Yea, my dealer salesman was pretty savy of my wants and no--

--so after I turned down the trailer hitch and some of the other crap--He says YOU probably don't want the paint clearcoat and suspension sealer, right?? --YUP RIGHT--

-- :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Environmentol Package = Additional Dealer Profit.

Found out what it is. It is the destination charge plus you paying for the dealer to test drive the vehicle when it comes in, the dealer making sure all fluids are at proper levels, Scotch Guarding the seats, and putting paint sealant on it. In other words ADP (additional dealer profit) or a load of finless brown trout. Testing the vehicle, inspecting the vehicle, and topping off any low fluids should be normal practice at any dealer.

·
TNX Administrator
20,493 Posts
Re: Environmentol Package = Additional Dealer Profit.

Ephriam Shay said:
Testing the vehicle, inspecting the vehicle, and topping off any low fluids should be normal practice at any dealer.
It was free at my dealership, (Melloy Nissan). Even gave me a full tank of gas. They went out of their way to ensure I was happy with my purchase.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
I hope that you didn't pay that. That's all a part of the destination fee that you have to pay. That dealership is double dipping and should be reported to the BBB.

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Picked up my 2006 S today from my nearest dealer. He did not have any odd charges on the sticker. I got $2000 off the sticker and a $500 Wal-Mart gift card. In a little while my wife and I are driving it to our Sonic drivein restaurant and then going star gazing.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Congratulations.. you know you are going to love it

·
on line
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We love it. Wive drove it for the first time last night. Loved how well she could see out of it. Her only problem is that she is 5'1" and I have to give her a boost to get her in. She just barely reaches the handle to pull the hatch down and thats in 2" heels. But once she is in she loves it.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Now you need to get a set of Shrockworks Sliders so that she can use them to help get in and out of plus it gives you great rocker panel protection when you go wheelin. www.shrockworks.com

1 - 20 of 25 Posts